[PULL 0/4] target-hppa fixes

Helge Deller posted 4 patches 1 week ago
Test docker-quick@centos7 failed
Test docker-mingw@fedora failed
Test checkpatch failed
Test FreeBSD failed
Patches applied successfully (tree, apply log)
git fetch https://github.com/patchew-project/qemu tags/patchew/20200728193550.3578-1-deller@gmx.de
Maintainers: Helge Deller <deller@gmx.de>, Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>
hw/display/artist.c       |  18 ++++++------------
hw/hppa/hppa_hardware.h   |   6 ++++++
hw/hppa/lasi.c            |   2 --
hw/hppa/machine.c         |  22 ++++++++++++++++++++++
pc-bios/hppa-firmware.img | Bin 766136 -> 783144 bytes
roms/seabios-hppa         |   2 +-
6 files changed, 35 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)

[PULL 0/4] target-hppa fixes

Posted by Helge Deller 1 week ago
Please pull to fix those two bugs in target-hppa:

* Fix the SeaBIOS-hppa firmware build with gcc-10 on Debian

* Fix the following runtime warning with artist framebuffer:
  "write outside bounds: wants 1256x1023, max size 1280x1024"

in addition the SeaBIOS-hppa firmware now includes a version check to prevent
starting when it's incompatible to the emulated qemu hardware.

Helge

----------------------------------------------------------------

The following changes since commit 3461487523b897d324e8d91f3fd20ed55f849544:

  Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/pmaydell/tags/pull-target-arm-20200727' into staging (2020-07-28 18:43:48 +0100)

are available in the Git repository at:

  https://github.com/hdeller/qemu-hppa.git target-hppa

for you to fetch changes up to 9aa10e5543566facf328e76d3b5a4aa9d2b79756:

  hw/display/artist.c: fix out of bounds check (2020-07-28 21:17:44 +0200)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Helge Deller (3):
      hw/hppa: Sync hppa_hardware.h file with SeaBIOS sources
      seabios-hppa: Update to SeaBIOS hppa version 1
      hw/hppa: Implement proper SeaBIOS version check

Sven Schnelle (1):
      hw/display/artist.c: fix out of bounds check

 hw/display/artist.c       |  18 ++++++------------
 hw/hppa/hppa_hardware.h   |   6 ++++++
 hw/hppa/lasi.c            |   2 --
 hw/hppa/machine.c         |  22 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 pc-bios/hppa-firmware.img | Bin 766136 -> 783144 bytes
 roms/seabios-hppa         |   2 +-
 6 files changed, 35 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)
--
2.21.3

Helge Deller (3):
  hw/hppa: Sync hppa_hardware.h file with SeaBIOS sources
  seabios-hppa: Update to SeaBIOS hppa version 1
  hw/hppa: Implement proper SeaBIOS version check

Sven Schnelle (1):
  hw/display/artist.c: fix out of bounds check

 hw/display/artist.c       |  18 ++++++------------
 hw/hppa/hppa_hardware.h   |   6 ++++++
 hw/hppa/lasi.c            |   2 --
 hw/hppa/machine.c         |  22 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 pc-bios/hppa-firmware.img | Bin 766136 -> 783144 bytes
 roms/seabios-hppa         |   2 +-
 6 files changed, 35 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)

--
2.21.3


Re: [PULL 0/4] target-hppa fixes

Posted by Peter Maydell 1 week ago
On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 at 20:35, Helge Deller <deller@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Please pull to fix those two bugs in target-hppa:
>
> * Fix the SeaBIOS-hppa firmware build with gcc-10 on Debian
>
> * Fix the following runtime warning with artist framebuffer:
>   "write outside bounds: wants 1256x1023, max size 1280x1024"
>
> in addition the SeaBIOS-hppa firmware now includes a version check to prevent
> starting when it's incompatible to the emulated qemu hardware.

Hi. I'd rather not take a pull request from somebody who's
never submitted one before at rc2 with four patches none
of which have been reviewed, I'm afraid.

Richard, you're listed in MAINTAINERS for most of these
files, would you mind giving them a look over?

thanks
-- PMM

Re: [PULL 0/4] target-hppa fixes

Posted by Helge Deller 1 week ago
On 29.07.20 17:06, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 at 20:35, Helge Deller <deller@gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> Please pull to fix those two bugs in target-hppa:
>>
>> * Fix the SeaBIOS-hppa firmware build with gcc-10 on Debian
>>
>> * Fix the following runtime warning with artist framebuffer:
>>   "write outside bounds: wants 1256x1023, max size 1280x1024"
>>
>> in addition the SeaBIOS-hppa firmware now includes a version check to prevent
>> starting when it's incompatible to the emulated qemu hardware.
>
> Hi. I'd rather not take a pull request from somebody who's
> never submitted one before at rc2 with four patches none
> of which have been reviewed, I'm afraid.

Sure, your reluctance is understood.

> Richard, you're listed in MAINTAINERS for most of these
> files, would you mind giving them a look over?

If Richard gives his Ok, it would be really nice if you could
apply those.

Thanks!
Helge