[PATCH 0/3] Some memory leak fixes

Marc-André Lureau posted 3 patches 1 week ago
Patches applied successfully (tree, apply log)
git fetch https://github.com/patchew-project/qemu tags/patchew/20191107192731.17330-1-marcandre.lureau@redhat.com
Test asan passed
Test checkpatch passed
Test FreeBSD passed
Test docker-mingw@fedora passed
Test docker-clang@ubuntu passed
Test docker-quick@centos7 failed
Maintainers: "Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst@redhat.com>, Thomas Huth <thuth@redhat.com>, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>, Laurent Vivier <lvivier@redhat.com>, Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@redhat.com>
hw/input/virtio-input.c | 3 +++
tests/cpu-plug-test.c   | 2 ++
tests/libqtest.c        | 1 +
3 files changed, 6 insertions(+)

[PATCH 0/3] Some memory leak fixes

Posted by Marc-André Lureau 1 week ago
Hi,

Another bunch of fixes spotted by ASAN when running check-qtest-x86_64.

Marc-André Lureau (3):
  virtio-input: fix memory leak on unrealize
  qtest: fix qtest_qmp_device_add leak
  cpu-plug-test: fix leaks

 hw/input/virtio-input.c | 3 +++
 tests/cpu-plug-test.c   | 2 ++
 tests/libqtest.c        | 1 +
 3 files changed, 6 insertions(+)

-- 
2.24.0.rc0.20.gd81542e6f3


Re: [PATCH 0/3] Some memory leak fixes

Posted by Michael S. Tsirkin 1 week ago
On Thu, Nov 07, 2019 at 11:27:28PM +0400, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> Another bunch of fixes spotted by ASAN when running check-qtest-x86_64.

So who's merging this?

> Marc-André Lureau (3):
>   virtio-input: fix memory leak on unrealize
>   qtest: fix qtest_qmp_device_add leak
>   cpu-plug-test: fix leaks
> 
>  hw/input/virtio-input.c | 3 +++
>  tests/cpu-plug-test.c   | 2 ++
>  tests/libqtest.c        | 1 +
>  3 files changed, 6 insertions(+)
> 
> -- 
> 2.24.0.rc0.20.gd81542e6f3

Re: [PATCH 0/3] Some memory leak fixes

Posted by no-reply@patchew.org 1 week ago
Patchew URL: https://patchew.org/QEMU/20191107192731.17330-1-marcandre.lureau@redhat.com/



Hi,

This series failed the docker-quick@centos7 build test. Please find the testing commands and
their output below. If you have Docker installed, you can probably reproduce it
locally.

=== TEST SCRIPT BEGIN ===
#!/bin/bash
make docker-image-centos7 V=1 NETWORK=1
time make docker-test-quick@centos7 SHOW_ENV=1 J=14 NETWORK=1
=== TEST SCRIPT END ===

  TEST    check-unit: tests/test-thread-pool
  TEST    check-unit: tests/test-hbitmap
**
ERROR:/tmp/qemu-test/src/tests/migration-test.c:903:wait_for_migration_fail: assertion failed: (!strcmp(status, "setup") || !strcmp(status, "failed") || (allow_active && !strcmp(status, "active")))
ERROR - Bail out! ERROR:/tmp/qemu-test/src/tests/migration-test.c:903:wait_for_migration_fail: assertion failed: (!strcmp(status, "setup") || !strcmp(status, "failed") || (allow_active && !strcmp(status, "active")))
make: *** [check-qtest-aarch64] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
  TEST    iotest-qcow2: 013
  TEST    check-unit: tests/test-bdrv-drain
---
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['sudo', '-n', 'docker', 'run', '--label', 'com.qemu.instance.uuid=7099ba6365db4fc0b071e2fac87b5c55', '-u', '1003', '--security-opt', 'seccomp=unconfined', '--rm', '-e', 'TARGET_LIST=', '-e', 'EXTRA_CONFIGURE_OPTS=', '-e', 'V=', '-e', 'J=14', '-e', 'DEBUG=', '-e', 'SHOW_ENV=1', '-e', 'CCACHE_DIR=/var/tmp/ccache', '-v', '/home/patchew2/.cache/qemu-docker-ccache:/var/tmp/ccache:z', '-v', '/var/tmp/patchew-tester-tmp-softdboz/src/docker-src.2019-11-07-16.44.12.4395:/var/tmp/qemu:z,ro', 'qemu:centos7', '/var/tmp/qemu/run', 'test-quick']' returned non-zero exit status 2.
filter=--filter=label=com.qemu.instance.uuid=7099ba6365db4fc0b071e2fac87b5c55
make[1]: *** [docker-run] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/patchew-tester-tmp-softdboz/src'
make: *** [docker-run-test-quick@centos7] Error 2

real    13m27.012s
user    0m8.295s


The full log is available at
http://patchew.org/logs/20191107192731.17330-1-marcandre.lureau@redhat.com/testing.docker-quick@centos7/?type=message.
---
Email generated automatically by Patchew [https://patchew.org/].
Please send your feedback to patchew-devel@redhat.com

Re: [PATCH 0/3] Some memory leak fixes

Posted by Thomas Huth 1 week ago
On 07/11/2019 22.57, no-reply@patchew.org wrote:
> Patchew URL: https://patchew.org/QEMU/20191107192731.17330-1-marcandre.lureau@redhat.com/
> 
> Hi,
> 
> This series failed the docker-quick@centos7 build test. Please find the testing commands and
> their output below. If you have Docker installed, you can probably reproduce it
> locally.
> 
> === TEST SCRIPT BEGIN ===
> #!/bin/bash
> make docker-image-centos7 V=1 NETWORK=1
> time make docker-test-quick@centos7 SHOW_ENV=1 J=14 NETWORK=1
> === TEST SCRIPT END ===
> 
>    TEST    check-unit: tests/test-thread-pool
>    TEST    check-unit: tests/test-hbitmap
> **
> ERROR:/tmp/qemu-test/src/tests/migration-test.c:903:wait_for_migration_fail: assertion failed: (!strcmp(status, "setup") || !strcmp(status, "failed") || (allow_active && !strcmp(status, "active")))
> ERROR - Bail out! ERROR:/tmp/qemu-test/src/tests/migration-test.c:903:wait_for_migration_fail: assertion failed: (!strcmp(status, "setup") || !strcmp(status, "failed") || (allow_active && !strcmp(status, "active")))

I assume this is unrelated to your patches and a generic Patchew problem 
instead?

  Thomas


Re: [PATCH 0/3] Some memory leak fixes

Posted by Laurent Vivier 1 week ago
On 08/11/2019 10:57, Thomas Huth wrote:
> On 07/11/2019 22.57, no-reply@patchew.org wrote:
>> Patchew URL:
>> https://patchew.org/QEMU/20191107192731.17330-1-marcandre.lureau@redhat.com/
>>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This series failed the docker-quick@centos7 build test. Please find
>> the testing commands and
>> their output below. If you have Docker installed, you can probably
>> reproduce it
>> locally.
>>
>> === TEST SCRIPT BEGIN ===
>> #!/bin/bash
>> make docker-image-centos7 V=1 NETWORK=1
>> time make docker-test-quick@centos7 SHOW_ENV=1 J=14 NETWORK=1
>> === TEST SCRIPT END ===
>>
>>    TEST    check-unit: tests/test-thread-pool
>>    TEST    check-unit: tests/test-hbitmap
>> **
>> ERROR:/tmp/qemu-test/src/tests/migration-test.c:903:wait_for_migration_fail:
>> assertion failed: (!strcmp(status, "setup") || !strcmp(status,
>> "failed") || (allow_active && !strcmp(status, "active")))
>> ERROR - Bail out!
>> ERROR:/tmp/qemu-test/src/tests/migration-test.c:903:wait_for_migration_fail:
>> assertion failed: (!strcmp(status, "setup") || !strcmp(status,
>> "failed") || (allow_active && !strcmp(status, "active")))
> 
> I assume this is unrelated to your patches and a generic Patchew problem
> instead?

Unrelated to patchew too, but the problem has already been reported. I
think dgilbert is looking at this.

Thanks,