[Xen-devel] [PULL v2 0/3] Trivial branch patches

Laurent Vivier posted 3 patches 2 weeks ago
Failed in applying to current master (apply log)
disas/libvixl/vixl/invalset.h       |  2 +-
docs/interop/pr-helper.rst          |  2 +-
docs/specs/ppc-spapr-hotplug.txt    |  2 +-
docs/specs/ppc-xive.rst             |  2 +-
docs/specs/tpm.txt                  |  2 +-
hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp.c         | 12 ++++++++++++
include/hw/xen/interface/io/blkif.h |  2 +-
scripts/dump-guest-memory.py        |  2 +-
8 files changed, 19 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

[Xen-devel] [PULL v2 0/3] Trivial branch patches

Posted by Laurent Vivier 2 weeks ago
The following changes since commit 36609b4fa36f0ac934874371874416f7533a5408:

  Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/palmer/tags/palmer-for-master-4.2-sf1' into staging (2019-11-02 17:59:03 +0000)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://github.com/vivier/qemu.git tags/trivial-branch-pull-request

for you to fetch changes up to e187e55ec65039ed6bd982debee632450ace3bae:

  global: Squash 'the the' (2019-11-05 18:39:14 +0100)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Trivial fixes (20191105-v2)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. David Alan Gilbert (1):
  global: Squash 'the the'

Philippe Mathieu-Daudé (2):
  hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp: Avoid crash when writing to PnP registers
  hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp: Fix 8-bit accesses

 disas/libvixl/vixl/invalset.h       |  2 +-
 docs/interop/pr-helper.rst          |  2 +-
 docs/specs/ppc-spapr-hotplug.txt    |  2 +-
 docs/specs/ppc-xive.rst             |  2 +-
 docs/specs/tpm.txt                  |  2 +-
 hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp.c         | 12 ++++++++++++
 include/hw/xen/interface/io/blkif.h |  2 +-
 scripts/dump-guest-memory.py        |  2 +-
 8 files changed, 19 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

-- 
v2: remove patch from Greg that has lines with more than 80 columns
2.21.0


_______________________________________________
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org
https://lists.xenproject.org/mailman/listinfo/xen-devel

Re: [Xen-devel] [PULL v2 0/3] Trivial branch patches

Posted by no-reply@patchew.org 2 weeks ago
Patchew URL: https://patchew.org/QEMU/20191105175010.2591-1-laurent@vivier.eu/



Hi,

This series seems to have some coding style problems. See output below for
more information:

Subject: [Xen-devel] [PULL v2 0/3] Trivial branch patches
Type: series
Message-id: 20191105175010.2591-1-laurent@vivier.eu

=== TEST SCRIPT BEGIN ===
#!/bin/bash
git rev-parse base > /dev/null || exit 0
git config --local diff.renamelimit 0
git config --local diff.renames True
git config --local diff.algorithm histogram
./scripts/checkpatch.pl --mailback base..
=== TEST SCRIPT END ===

Switched to a new branch 'test'
49a55f7 global: Squash 'the the'
c0b5513 hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp: Fix 8-bit accesses
eb43395 hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp: Avoid crash when writing to PnP registers

=== OUTPUT BEGIN ===
1/3 Checking commit eb43395bf8f1 (hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp: Avoid crash when writing to PnP registers)
2/3 Checking commit c0b5513f971a (hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp: Fix 8-bit accesses)
3/3 Checking commit 49a55f7feb19 (global: Squash 'the the')
ERROR: do not use C99 // comments
#26: FILE: disas/libvixl/vixl/invalset.h:105:
+  // Note that this does not mean the backing storage is empty: it can still

total: 1 errors, 0 warnings, 56 lines checked

Patch 3/3 has style problems, please review.  If any of these errors
are false positives report them to the maintainer, see
CHECKPATCH in MAINTAINERS.

=== OUTPUT END ===

Test command exited with code: 1


The full log is available at
http://patchew.org/logs/20191105175010.2591-1-laurent@vivier.eu/testing.checkpatch/?type=message.
---
Email generated automatically by Patchew [https://patchew.org/].
Please send your feedback to patchew-devel@redhat.com
_______________________________________________
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org
https://lists.xenproject.org/mailman/listinfo/xen-devel

Re: [Xen-devel] [PULL v2 0/3] Trivial branch patches

Posted by Laurent Vivier 2 weeks ago
Le 05/11/2019 à 20:20, no-reply@patchew.org a écrit :
> Patchew URL: https://patchew.org/QEMU/20191105175010.2591-1-laurent@vivier.eu/
> 
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> This series seems to have some coding style problems. See output below for
> more information:
> 
> Subject: [Xen-devel] [PULL v2 0/3] Trivial branch patches
> Type: series
> Message-id: 20191105175010.2591-1-laurent@vivier.eu
> 
> === TEST SCRIPT BEGIN ===
> #!/bin/bash
> git rev-parse base > /dev/null || exit 0
> git config --local diff.renamelimit 0
> git config --local diff.renames True
> git config --local diff.algorithm histogram
> ./scripts/checkpatch.pl --mailback base..
> === TEST SCRIPT END ===
> 
> Switched to a new branch 'test'
> 49a55f7 global: Squash 'the the'
> c0b5513 hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp: Fix 8-bit accesses
> eb43395 hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp: Avoid crash when writing to PnP registers
> 
> === OUTPUT BEGIN ===
> 1/3 Checking commit eb43395bf8f1 (hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp: Avoid crash when writing to PnP registers)
> 2/3 Checking commit c0b5513f971a (hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp: Fix 8-bit accesses)
> 3/3 Checking commit 49a55f7feb19 (global: Squash 'the the')
> ERROR: do not use C99 // comments
> #26: FILE: disas/libvixl/vixl/invalset.h:105:
> +  // Note that this does not mean the backing storage is empty: it can still

As reported by David Gilbert, this is a false positive as this file is a
C++ file.

Thanks,
LAurent


_______________________________________________
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org
https://lists.xenproject.org/mailman/listinfo/xen-devel

Re: [Xen-devel] [PULL v2 0/3] Trivial branch patches

Posted by Peter Maydell 2 weeks ago
On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 20:06, Laurent Vivier <laurent@vivier.eu> wrote:
>
> Le 05/11/2019 à 20:20, no-reply@patchew.org a écrit :
> > Patchew URL: https://patchew.org/QEMU/20191105175010.2591-1-laurent@vivier.eu/
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > This series seems to have some coding style problems. See output below for
> > more information:
> >
> > Subject: [Xen-devel] [PULL v2 0/3] Trivial branch patches
> > Type: series
> > Message-id: 20191105175010.2591-1-laurent@vivier.eu
> >
> > === TEST SCRIPT BEGIN ===
> > #!/bin/bash
> > git rev-parse base > /dev/null || exit 0
> > git config --local diff.renamelimit 0
> > git config --local diff.renames True
> > git config --local diff.algorithm histogram
> > ./scripts/checkpatch.pl --mailback base..
> > === TEST SCRIPT END ===
> >
> > Switched to a new branch 'test'
> > 49a55f7 global: Squash 'the the'
> > c0b5513 hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp: Fix 8-bit accesses
> > eb43395 hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp: Avoid crash when writing to PnP registers
> >
> > === OUTPUT BEGIN ===
> > 1/3 Checking commit eb43395bf8f1 (hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp: Avoid crash when writing to PnP registers)
> > 2/3 Checking commit c0b5513f971a (hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp: Fix 8-bit accesses)
> > 3/3 Checking commit 49a55f7feb19 (global: Squash 'the the')
> > ERROR: do not use C99 // comments
> > #26: FILE: disas/libvixl/vixl/invalset.h:105:
> > +  // Note that this does not mean the backing storage is empty: it can still
>
> As reported by David Gilbert, this is a false positive as this file is a
> C++ file.

True, but it's also a third-party dependency that we have
taken a copy of. If we care about fixing its typos in comments
we should do that by submitting the fixes upstream. We should
avoid making changes to our local copy of this code because
it just makes it unnecessarily more difficult to do updates to
newer versions.

Could you drop that change, please? (Sorry I didn't notice
it going by when the patch was originally on list.)

thanks
-- PMM

_______________________________________________
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org
https://lists.xenproject.org/mailman/listinfo/xen-devel

Re: [Xen-devel] [PULL v2 0/3] Trivial branch patches

Posted by Laurent Vivier 2 weeks ago
Le 06/11/2019 à 17:05, Peter Maydell a écrit :
> On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 20:06, Laurent Vivier <laurent@vivier.eu> wrote:
>>
>> Le 05/11/2019 à 20:20, no-reply@patchew.org a écrit :
>>> Patchew URL: https://patchew.org/QEMU/20191105175010.2591-1-laurent@vivier.eu/
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This series seems to have some coding style problems. See output below for
>>> more information:
>>>
>>> Subject: [Xen-devel] [PULL v2 0/3] Trivial branch patches
>>> Type: series
>>> Message-id: 20191105175010.2591-1-laurent@vivier.eu
>>>
>>> === TEST SCRIPT BEGIN ===
>>> #!/bin/bash
>>> git rev-parse base > /dev/null || exit 0
>>> git config --local diff.renamelimit 0
>>> git config --local diff.renames True
>>> git config --local diff.algorithm histogram
>>> ./scripts/checkpatch.pl --mailback base..
>>> === TEST SCRIPT END ===
>>>
>>> Switched to a new branch 'test'
>>> 49a55f7 global: Squash 'the the'
>>> c0b5513 hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp: Fix 8-bit accesses
>>> eb43395 hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp: Avoid crash when writing to PnP registers
>>>
>>> === OUTPUT BEGIN ===
>>> 1/3 Checking commit eb43395bf8f1 (hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp: Avoid crash when writing to PnP registers)
>>> 2/3 Checking commit c0b5513f971a (hw/misc/grlib_ahb_apb_pnp: Fix 8-bit accesses)
>>> 3/3 Checking commit 49a55f7feb19 (global: Squash 'the the')
>>> ERROR: do not use C99 // comments
>>> #26: FILE: disas/libvixl/vixl/invalset.h:105:
>>> +  // Note that this does not mean the backing storage is empty: it can still
>>
>> As reported by David Gilbert, this is a false positive as this file is a
>> C++ file.
> 
> True, but it's also a third-party dependency that we have
> taken a copy of. If we care about fixing its typos in comments
> we should do that by submitting the fixes upstream. We should
> avoid making changes to our local copy of this code because
> it just makes it unnecessarily more difficult to do updates to
> newer versions.
> 
> Could you drop that change, please? (Sorry I didn't notice
> it going by when the patch was originally on list.)

Sure.

Thanks,
Laurent


_______________________________________________
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org
https://lists.xenproject.org/mailman/listinfo/xen-devel