[SeaBIOS] [PATCH v3 0/3] pci: resource reserve capability found

Jing Liu posted 3 patches 15 weeks ago
Patches applied successfully (tree, apply log)
git fetch https://github.com/patchew-project/seabios tags/patchew/1535100781-3910-1-git-send-email-jing2.liu@linux.intel.com
src/fw/pciinit.c | 45 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
src/hw/pci_ids.h |  1 +
2 files changed, 29 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

[SeaBIOS] [PATCH v3 0/3] pci: resource reserve capability found

Posted by Jing Liu 15 weeks ago
This patch serial is about QEMU resource reserve capability finding
in firmware.

Firstly, this fixes a logic bug. When the capability is truncated,
return zero instead of the truncated offset. Secondly, this modified
the debug messages when the capability is not found and when the vendor
ID or device Id doesn't match REDHAT special ones.

Last, this enables the firmware recongizing the REDHAT PCI BRIDGE device ID,
and changes the debug level to 3 when it is non-qemu bridge.

Change Log:
v2 -> v1
* Add two patches for fixing small bugs

v3 -> v2
* Change the debug level

Jing Liu (3):
  pci: fix the return value for truncated capability
  pci: clean up the debug message for pci capability found
  pci: recognize RH PCI legacy bridge resource reservation capability

 src/fw/pciinit.c | 45 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 src/hw/pci_ids.h |  1 +
 2 files changed, 29 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.3.1


_______________________________________________
SeaBIOS mailing list
SeaBIOS@seabios.org
https://mail.coreboot.org/mailman/listinfo/seabios

Re: [SeaBIOS] [PATCH v3 0/3] pci: resource reserve capability found

Posted by Kevin O'Connor 14 weeks ago
On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 04:52:58PM +0800, Jing Liu wrote:
> This patch serial is about QEMU resource reserve capability finding
> in firmware.
> 
> Firstly, this fixes a logic bug. When the capability is truncated,
> return zero instead of the truncated offset. Secondly, this modified
> the debug messages when the capability is not found and when the vendor
> ID or device Id doesn't match REDHAT special ones.
> 
> Last, this enables the firmware recongizing the REDHAT PCI BRIDGE device ID,
> and changes the debug level to 3 when it is non-qemu bridge.

Thanks.  I don't feel I have enough knowledge to adequately review
this change - Gerd, could you commit when you feel the series is
ready?

-Kevin

_______________________________________________
SeaBIOS mailing list
SeaBIOS@seabios.org
https://mail.coreboot.org/mailman/listinfo/seabios

Re: [SeaBIOS] [PATCH v3 0/3] pci: resource reserve capability found

Posted by Gerd Hoffmann 12 weeks ago
On Mon, Sep 03, 2018 at 05:36:56PM -0400, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 04:52:58PM +0800, Jing Liu wrote:
> > This patch serial is about QEMU resource reserve capability finding
> > in firmware.
> > 
> > Firstly, this fixes a logic bug. When the capability is truncated,
> > return zero instead of the truncated offset. Secondly, this modified
> > the debug messages when the capability is not found and when the vendor
> > ID or device Id doesn't match REDHAT special ones.
> > 
> > Last, this enables the firmware recongizing the REDHAT PCI BRIDGE device ID,
> > and changes the debug level to 3 when it is non-qemu bridge.
> 
> Thanks.  I don't feel I have enough knowledge to adequately review
> this change - Gerd, could you commit when you feel the series is
> ready?

Applied and pushed.

thanks,
  Gerd


_______________________________________________
SeaBIOS mailing list
SeaBIOS@seabios.org
https://mail.coreboot.org/mailman/listinfo/seabios

Re: [SeaBIOS] [PATCH v3 0/3] pci: resource reserve capability found

Posted by Liu, Jing2 12 weeks ago
Thanks, Gerd and Kevin!

BR,
Jing Liu

On 9/13/2018 5:10 PM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 03, 2018 at 05:36:56PM -0400, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 04:52:58PM +0800, Jing Liu wrote:
>>> This patch serial is about QEMU resource reserve capability finding
>>> in firmware.
>>>
>>> Firstly, this fixes a logic bug. When the capability is truncated,
>>> return zero instead of the truncated offset. Secondly, this modified
>>> the debug messages when the capability is not found and when the vendor
>>> ID or device Id doesn't match REDHAT special ones.
>>>
>>> Last, this enables the firmware recongizing the REDHAT PCI BRIDGE device ID,
>>> and changes the debug level to 3 when it is non-qemu bridge.
>>
>> Thanks.  I don't feel I have enough knowledge to adequately review
>> this change - Gerd, could you commit when you feel the series is
>> ready?
> 
> Applied and pushed.
> 
> thanks,
>    Gerd
> 

_______________________________________________
SeaBIOS mailing list
SeaBIOS@seabios.org
https://mail.coreboot.org/mailman/listinfo/seabios