[PULL 00/14] aspeed queue

Cédric Le Goater posted 14 patches 1 week, 4 days ago
Patches applied successfully (tree, apply log)
git fetch https://github.com/patchew-project/qemu tags/patchew/20210913161304.3805652-1-clg@kaod.org
include/hw/arm/aspeed.h          |   1 +
include/hw/arm/aspeed_soc.h      |   1 +
include/hw/misc/aspeed_scu.h     |   2 +
include/hw/watchdog/wdt_aspeed.h |   1 +
hw/arm/aspeed.c                  | 175 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
hw/arm/aspeed_ast2600.c          |  14 +--
hw/arm/aspeed_soc.c              |   8 +-
hw/gpio/aspeed_gpio.c            |  97 +++++++++--------
hw/misc/aspeed_scu.c             |  40 +++++--
hw/misc/pca9552.c                |   2 +-
hw/sensor/dps310.c               | 225 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
hw/watchdog/wdt_aspeed.c         |  26 ++++-
hw/arm/Kconfig                   |   1 +
hw/sensor/Kconfig                |   4 +
hw/sensor/meson.build            |   1 +
15 files changed, 522 insertions(+), 76 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 hw/sensor/dps310.c

[PULL 00/14] aspeed queue

Posted by Cédric Le Goater 1 week, 4 days ago
The following changes since commit eae587e8e3694b1aceab23239493fb4c7e1a80f5:

  Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/armbru/tags/pull-qapi-2021-09-13' into staging (2021-09-13 11:00:30 +0100)

are available in the Git repository at:

  https://github.com/legoater/qemu/ tags/pull-aspeed-20210913

for you to fetch changes up to d7add12e20fa8982f5932ff4dca317c5d2dfe7d9:

  hw/arm/aspeed: Add Fuji machine type (2021-09-13 15:19:20 +0200)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Aspeed patches :

* MAC enablement fixes (Guenter)
* Watchdog  and pca9552 fixes (Andrew)
* GPIO fixes (Joel)
* AST2600A3 SoC and DPS310 models (Joel)
* New Fuji BMC machine (Peter)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew Jeffery (3):
      watchdog: aspeed: Sanitize control register values
      watchdog: aspeed: Fix sequential control writes
      misc/pca9552: Fix LED status register indexing in pca955x_get_led()

Guenter Roeck (2):
      hw: arm: aspeed: Enable eth0 interface for aspeed-ast2600-evb
      hw: arm: aspeed: Enable mac0/1 instead of mac1/2 for g220a

Joel Stanley (6):
      hw: aspeed_gpio: Simplify 1.8V defines
      hw: aspeed_gpio: Clarify GPIO controller name
      arm/aspeed: rainier: Add i2c eeproms and muxes
      aspeed: Emulate the AST2600A3
      hw/misc: Add Infineon DPS310 sensor model
      arm/aspeed: Add DPS310 to Witherspoon and Rainier

Peter Delevoryas (3):
      hw/arm/aspeed: Initialize AST2600 UART clock selection registers
      hw/arm/aspeed: Allow machine to set UART default
      hw/arm/aspeed: Add Fuji machine type

 include/hw/arm/aspeed.h          |   1 +
 include/hw/arm/aspeed_soc.h      |   1 +
 include/hw/misc/aspeed_scu.h     |   2 +
 include/hw/watchdog/wdt_aspeed.h |   1 +
 hw/arm/aspeed.c                  | 175 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 hw/arm/aspeed_ast2600.c          |  14 +--
 hw/arm/aspeed_soc.c              |   8 +-
 hw/gpio/aspeed_gpio.c            |  97 +++++++++--------
 hw/misc/aspeed_scu.c             |  40 +++++--
 hw/misc/pca9552.c                |   2 +-
 hw/sensor/dps310.c               | 225 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 hw/watchdog/wdt_aspeed.c         |  26 ++++-
 hw/arm/Kconfig                   |   1 +
 hw/sensor/Kconfig                |   4 +
 hw/sensor/meson.build            |   1 +
 15 files changed, 522 insertions(+), 76 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 hw/sensor/dps310.c

Re: [PULL 00/14] aspeed queue

Posted by Peter Maydell 1 week, 3 days ago
On Mon, 13 Sept 2021 at 17:13, Cédric Le Goater <clg@kaod.org> wrote:
>
> The following changes since commit eae587e8e3694b1aceab23239493fb4c7e1a80f5:
>
>   Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/armbru/tags/pull-qapi-2021-09-13' into staging (2021-09-13 11:00:30 +0100)
>
> are available in the Git repository at:
>
>   https://github.com/legoater/qemu/ tags/pull-aspeed-20210913
>
> for you to fetch changes up to d7add12e20fa8982f5932ff4dca317c5d2dfe7d9:
>
>   hw/arm/aspeed: Add Fuji machine type (2021-09-13 15:19:20 +0200)
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Aspeed patches :
>
> * MAC enablement fixes (Guenter)
> * Watchdog  and pca9552 fixes (Andrew)
> * GPIO fixes (Joel)
> * AST2600A3 SoC and DPS310 models (Joel)
> * New Fuji BMC machine (Peter)

Hi; this fails 'make check' on 32-bit hosts:

qemu-system-aarch64: at most 2047 MB RAM can be simulated
Broken pipe
ERROR qtest-aarch64/qom-test - too few tests run (expected 83, got 31)

I suspect the new machine type has a default of more than 2GB
of RAM, which won't work on 32 bit systems.

-- PMM

Re: [PULL 00/14] aspeed queue

Posted by Cédric Le Goater 1 week, 3 days ago
On 9/14/21 12:51 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Sept 2021 at 17:13, Cédric Le Goater <clg@kaod.org> wrote:
>>
>> The following changes since commit eae587e8e3694b1aceab23239493fb4c7e1a80f5:
>>
>>   Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/armbru/tags/pull-qapi-2021-09-13' into staging (2021-09-13 11:00:30 +0100)
>>
>> are available in the Git repository at:
>>
>>   https://github.com/legoater/qemu/ tags/pull-aspeed-20210913
>>
>> for you to fetch changes up to d7add12e20fa8982f5932ff4dca317c5d2dfe7d9:
>>
>>   hw/arm/aspeed: Add Fuji machine type (2021-09-13 15:19:20 +0200)
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>> Aspeed patches :
>>
>> * MAC enablement fixes (Guenter)
>> * Watchdog  and pca9552 fixes (Andrew)
>> * GPIO fixes (Joel)
>> * AST2600A3 SoC and DPS310 models (Joel)
>> * New Fuji BMC machine (Peter)
> 
> Hi; this fails 'make check' on 32-bit hosts:
> 
> qemu-system-aarch64: at most 2047 MB RAM can be simulated
> Broken pipe
> ERROR qtest-aarch64/qom-test - too few tests run (expected 83, got 31)
> 
> I suspect the new machine type has a default of more than 2GB
> of RAM, which won't work on 32 bit systems.

ok. I guess we need to change the Fuji.

Thanks,

C. 


Re: [PULL 00/14] aspeed queue

Posted by Philippe Mathieu-Daudé 1 week, 3 days ago
On 9/14/21 12:58 PM, Cédric Le Goater wrote:
> On 9/14/21 12:51 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> On Mon, 13 Sept 2021 at 17:13, Cédric Le Goater <clg@kaod.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> The following changes since commit eae587e8e3694b1aceab23239493fb4c7e1a80f5:
>>>
>>>   Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/armbru/tags/pull-qapi-2021-09-13' into staging (2021-09-13 11:00:30 +0100)
>>>
>>> are available in the Git repository at:
>>>
>>>   https://github.com/legoater/qemu/ tags/pull-aspeed-20210913
>>>
>>> for you to fetch changes up to d7add12e20fa8982f5932ff4dca317c5d2dfe7d9:
>>>
>>>   hw/arm/aspeed: Add Fuji machine type (2021-09-13 15:19:20 +0200)
>>>
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Aspeed patches :
>>>
>>> * MAC enablement fixes (Guenter)
>>> * Watchdog  and pca9552 fixes (Andrew)
>>> * GPIO fixes (Joel)
>>> * AST2600A3 SoC and DPS310 models (Joel)
>>> * New Fuji BMC machine (Peter)
>>
>> Hi; this fails 'make check' on 32-bit hosts:
>>
>> qemu-system-aarch64: at most 2047 MB RAM can be simulated
>> Broken pipe
>> ERROR qtest-aarch64/qom-test - too few tests run (expected 83, got 31)
>>
>> I suspect the new machine type has a default of more than 2GB
>> of RAM, which won't work on 32 bit systems.
> 
> ok. I guess we need to change the Fuji.

If the machine requires 2GiB, I'd rather not modify it but not
register it on 32-bit hosts. Better to avoid Frankenstein machines.
Thoughts?