[PATCH-for-5.1? v2 0/2] util/pagesize: Make qemu_real_host_page_size of type size_t

Philippe Mathieu-Daudé posted 2 patches 1 week ago
Test docker-quick@centos7 failed
Test docker-mingw@fedora failed
Test checkpatch failed
Test FreeBSD failed
Patches applied successfully (tree, apply log)
git fetch https://github.com/patchew-project/qemu tags/patchew/20200730141245.21739-1-philmd@redhat.com
include/exec/ram_addr.h  | 4 ++--
include/qemu/osdep.h     | 6 +++---
accel/kvm/kvm-all.c      | 3 ++-
block/qcow2-cache.c      | 2 +-
exec.c                   | 8 ++++----
hw/ppc/spapr_pci.c       | 2 +-
hw/virtio/virtio-mem.c   | 2 +-
migration/migration.c    | 2 +-
migration/postcopy-ram.c | 2 +-
monitor/misc.c           | 2 +-
util/pagesize.c          | 2 +-
11 files changed, 18 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

[PATCH-for-5.1? v2 0/2] util/pagesize: Make qemu_real_host_page_size of type size_t

Posted by Philippe Mathieu-Daudé 1 week ago
Since v1:
Make QEMU_VMALLOC_ALIGN unsigned in a previous patch

Philippe Mathieu-Daudé (2):
  qemu/osdep: Make QEMU_VMALLOC_ALIGN unsigned long
  util/pagesize: Make qemu_real_host_page_size of type size_t

 include/exec/ram_addr.h  | 4 ++--
 include/qemu/osdep.h     | 6 +++---
 accel/kvm/kvm-all.c      | 3 ++-
 block/qcow2-cache.c      | 2 +-
 exec.c                   | 8 ++++----
 hw/ppc/spapr_pci.c       | 2 +-
 hw/virtio/virtio-mem.c   | 2 +-
 migration/migration.c    | 2 +-
 migration/postcopy-ram.c | 2 +-
 monitor/misc.c           | 2 +-
 util/pagesize.c          | 2 +-
 11 files changed, 18 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.3


Re: [PATCH-for-5.1? v2 0/2] util/pagesize: Make qemu_real_host_page_size of type size_t

Posted by Dr. David Alan Gilbert 1 week ago
* Philippe Mathieu-Daudé (philmd@redhat.com) wrote:
> Since v1:
> Make QEMU_VMALLOC_ALIGN unsigned in a previous patch

Nah, not for 5.1 - it feels like the type of thing that might on a
really bad day create a really subtle bug.

Dave

> Philippe Mathieu-Daudé (2):
>   qemu/osdep: Make QEMU_VMALLOC_ALIGN unsigned long
>   util/pagesize: Make qemu_real_host_page_size of type size_t
> 
>  include/exec/ram_addr.h  | 4 ++--
>  include/qemu/osdep.h     | 6 +++---
>  accel/kvm/kvm-all.c      | 3 ++-
>  block/qcow2-cache.c      | 2 +-
>  exec.c                   | 8 ++++----
>  hw/ppc/spapr_pci.c       | 2 +-
>  hw/virtio/virtio-mem.c   | 2 +-
>  migration/migration.c    | 2 +-
>  migration/postcopy-ram.c | 2 +-
>  monitor/misc.c           | 2 +-
>  util/pagesize.c          | 2 +-
>  11 files changed, 18 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)
> 
> -- 
> 2.21.3
> 
--
Dr. David Alan Gilbert / dgilbert@redhat.com / Manchester, UK


Re: [PATCH-for-5.1? v2 0/2] util/pagesize: Make qemu_real_host_page_size of type size_t

Posted by Philippe Mathieu-Daudé 1 week ago
On 7/30/20 4:22 PM, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> * Philippe Mathieu-Daudé (philmd@redhat.com) wrote:
>> Since v1:
>> Make QEMU_VMALLOC_ALIGN unsigned in a previous patch
> 
> Nah, not for 5.1 - it feels like the type of thing that might on a
> really bad day create a really subtle bug.

Ack :)