[PATCH mptcp-next 0/2] Squash to "security: SELinux/LSM label with MPTCP and accept "

Matthieu Baerts posted 2 patches 1 year, 1 month ago
Failed in applying to current master (apply log)
.topmsg                  | 15 +++++++++++----
security/security.c      |  4 +++-
.topmsg                  | 13 +++++++++----
security/selinux/hooks.c |  2 +-
4 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
[PATCH mptcp-next 0/2] Squash to "security: SELinux/LSM label with MPTCP and accept "
Posted by Matthieu Baerts 1 year, 1 month ago
These two patches address the comments from Paul Moore on the series I
sent yesterday containing Paolo's patches.

Note that I used 'MPTCP socket' instead of 'main MPTCP socket' as
suggested: there is only one MPTCP socket owning subflows (TCP) sockets,
no main MPTCP ones.

These patches will likely be applied on lsm/next after the next merge
window:

  As far as potential merge issues with netdev/net-next and lsm/next, I
  think we'll be okay.  I have a general policy[1] of not accepting new
  patchsets, unless critical bugfixes, past rc5/rc6 so this would be
  merged into lsm/next *after* the current merge window closes and
  presumably after the netdev/net-next branch finds its way into Linus'
  tree.

Link: https://lore.kernel.org/mptcp/20230419-upstream-lsm-next-20230419-mptcp-sublows-user-ctx-v1-0-9d4064cb0075@tessares.net/

Matthieu Baerts (2):
  Squash to "security, lsm: Introduce security_mptcp_add_subflow()"
  Squash to "selinux: Implement mptcp_add_subflow hook"

 .topmsg                  | 15 +++++++++++----
 security/security.c      |  4 +++-
 .topmsg                  | 13 +++++++++----
 security/selinux/hooks.c |  2 +-
 4 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

-- 
2.39.2
Re: [PATCH mptcp-next 0/2] Squash to "security: SELinux/LSM label with MPTCP and accept "
Posted by Paolo Abeni 1 year, 1 month ago
On Thu, 2023-04-20 at 18:19 +0200, Matthieu Baerts wrote:
> These two patches address the comments from Paul Moore on the series I
> sent yesterday containing Paolo's patches.
> 
> Note that I used 'MPTCP socket' instead of 'main MPTCP socket' as
> suggested: there is only one MPTCP socket owning subflows (TCP) sockets,
> no main MPTCP ones.
> 
> These patches will likely be applied on lsm/next after the next merge
> window:
> 
>   As far as potential merge issues with netdev/net-next and lsm/next, I
>   think we'll be okay.  I have a general policy[1] of not accepting new
>   patchsets, unless critical bugfixes, past rc5/rc6 so this would be
>   merged into lsm/next *after* the current merge window closes and
>   presumably after the netdev/net-next branch finds its way into Linus'
>   tree.
> 
> Link: https://lore.kernel.org/mptcp/20230419-upstream-lsm-next-20230419-mptcp-sublows-user-ctx-v1-0-9d4064cb0075@tessares.net/
> 
> Matthieu Baerts (2):
>   Squash to "security, lsm: Introduce security_mptcp_add_subflow()"
>   Squash to "selinux: Implement mptcp_add_subflow hook"
> 
>  .topmsg                  | 15 +++++++++++----
>  security/security.c      |  4 +++-
>  .topmsg                  | 13 +++++++++----
>  security/selinux/hooks.c |  2 +-
>  4 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
> 

LGTM, thanks Matttbe!!!

/P

p.s. no formal tags, it would feel strange acking patches I co-devel.
Feel free to add your co-devel tag instead.
Re: [PATCH mptcp-next 0/2] Squash to "security: SELinux/LSM label with MPTCP and accept "
Posted by Matthieu Baerts 1 year, 1 month ago
Hi Paolo,

On 20/04/2023 18:40, Paolo Abeni wrote:
> On Thu, 2023-04-20 at 18:19 +0200, Matthieu Baerts wrote:
>> These two patches address the comments from Paul Moore on the series I
>> sent yesterday containing Paolo's patches.
>>
>> Note that I used 'MPTCP socket' instead of 'main MPTCP socket' as
>> suggested: there is only one MPTCP socket owning subflows (TCP) sockets,
>> no main MPTCP ones.
>>
>> These patches will likely be applied on lsm/next after the next merge
>> window:
>>
>>   As far as potential merge issues with netdev/net-next and lsm/next, I
>>   think we'll be okay.  I have a general policy[1] of not accepting new
>>   patchsets, unless critical bugfixes, past rc5/rc6 so this would be
>>   merged into lsm/next *after* the current merge window closes and
>>   presumably after the netdev/net-next branch finds its way into Linus'
>>   tree.
>>
>> Link: https://lore.kernel.org/mptcp/20230419-upstream-lsm-next-20230419-mptcp-sublows-user-ctx-v1-0-9d4064cb0075@tessares.net/
>>
>> Matthieu Baerts (2):
>>   Squash to "security, lsm: Introduce security_mptcp_add_subflow()"
>>   Squash to "selinux: Implement mptcp_add_subflow hook"
>>
>>  .topmsg                  | 15 +++++++++++----
>>  security/security.c      |  4 +++-
>>  .topmsg                  | 13 +++++++++----
>>  security/selinux/hooks.c |  2 +-
>>  4 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
>>
> 
> LGTM, thanks Matttbe!!!

Thank you for the quick review!

New patches for t/upstream:
- 606a5bfd97fb: "squashed" patch 1/2 in "security, lsm: Introduce
security_mptcp_add_subflow()"
- debe883ebd81: "squashed" patch 2/2 in "selinux: Implement
mptcp_add_subflow hook"
- Results: aee6812b6fce..f2f9d7ddde6e (export)

Tests are now in progress:

https://cirrus-ci.com/github/multipath-tcp/mptcp_net-next/export/20230420T165933

> p.s. no formal tags, it would feel strange acking patches I co-devel.
> Feel free to add your co-devel tag instead.

I don't think I should add the co-dev tags, I simply applied Paul's
comments :-D

Cheers,
Matt
-- 
Tessares | Belgium | Hybrid Access Solutions
www.tessares.net