[libvirt Patch v2 0/4] fix re-attach of bridge device for <interface type='bridge'>

Laine Stump posted 4 patches 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Test syntax-check failed
Patches applied successfully (tree, apply log)
git fetch https://github.com/patchew-project/libvirt tags/patchew/20210108153849.105584-1-laine@redhat.com
src/conf/domain_conf.c   | 10 +++++-----
src/conf/domain_conf.h   |  2 +-
src/libxl/libxl_domain.c | 18 +++++++-----------
src/libxl/libxl_driver.c | 24 +++++++++---------------
src/lxc/lxc_driver.c     | 17 +++++------------
src/lxc/lxc_process.c    | 19 +++++++------------
src/qemu/qemu_process.c  |  9 ++++-----
7 files changed, 38 insertions(+), 61 deletions(-)

[libvirt Patch v2 0/4] fix re-attach of bridge device for <interface type='bridge'>

Posted by Laine Stump 2 weeks, 3 days ago
It was late (early) when I sent this the first time, and the final
patch (which was just a cleanup to use g_autoptr in a few places not
even needed for the declared reason for the patches) wasn't compiling
correctly. I intended to send the 1st and 2nd patches on the branch
and forget about the 3rd (g_autoptr) until later, but instead
accidentally sent patches 2 & 3.

jtomko pointed out wh patch 3 hadn't worked properly, so I've updated
that, added a simple patch to eliminate a superfluous cleanup: label,
and am re-sending with with what *should have been* patch 1 included
for the first time.

If that's all too complicated:

* Patch 1 was accidentally not sent in V1

* Patch 2 was acked (twice even! :-)) and hasn't changed

* Patch 3 just adds g_autoptr(virConnect) in libxl_domain.c (now that
  jtomko pointed out the #include of datatypes.h was missing), but
  otherwise unchanged

* Patch 4 is trivial but new.

Laine Stump (4):
  conf: make virDomainNetNotifyActualDevice() callable for all interface
    types
  call virDomainNetNotifyActualDevice() for all interface types
  use g_autoptr for all virConnectPtrs used with virGetConnectNetwork()
  libxl: remove a now-unnecessary ret variable and cleanup: label.

 src/conf/domain_conf.c   | 10 +++++-----
 src/conf/domain_conf.h   |  2 +-
 src/libxl/libxl_domain.c | 18 +++++++-----------
 src/libxl/libxl_driver.c | 24 +++++++++---------------
 src/lxc/lxc_driver.c     | 17 +++++------------
 src/lxc/lxc_process.c    | 19 +++++++------------
 src/qemu/qemu_process.c  |  9 ++++-----
 7 files changed, 38 insertions(+), 61 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2

Re: [libvirt Patch v2 0/4] fix re-attach of bridge device for <interface type='bridge'>

Posted by Michal Privoznik 2 weeks, 3 days ago
On 1/8/21 4:38 PM, Laine Stump wrote:
> It was late (early) when I sent this the first time, and the final
> patch (which was just a cleanup to use g_autoptr in a few places not
> even needed for the declared reason for the patches) wasn't compiling
> correctly. I intended to send the 1st and 2nd patches on the branch
> and forget about the 3rd (g_autoptr) until later, but instead
> accidentally sent patches 2 & 3.
> 
> jtomko pointed out wh patch 3 hadn't worked properly, so I've updated
> that, added a simple patch to eliminate a superfluous cleanup: label,
> and am re-sending with with what *should have been* patch 1 included
> for the first time.
> 
> If that's all too complicated:
> 
> * Patch 1 was accidentally not sent in V1
> 
> * Patch 2 was acked (twice even! :-)) and hasn't changed
> 
> * Patch 3 just adds g_autoptr(virConnect) in libxl_domain.c (now that
>    jtomko pointed out the #include of datatypes.h was missing), but
>    otherwise unchanged
> 
> * Patch 4 is trivial but new.
> 
> Laine Stump (4):
>    conf: make virDomainNetNotifyActualDevice() callable for all interface
>      types
>    call virDomainNetNotifyActualDevice() for all interface types
>    use g_autoptr for all virConnectPtrs used with virGetConnectNetwork()
>    libxl: remove a now-unnecessary ret variable and cleanup: label.
> 
>   src/conf/domain_conf.c   | 10 +++++-----
>   src/conf/domain_conf.h   |  2 +-
>   src/libxl/libxl_domain.c | 18 +++++++-----------
>   src/libxl/libxl_driver.c | 24 +++++++++---------------
>   src/lxc/lxc_driver.c     | 17 +++++------------
>   src/lxc/lxc_process.c    | 19 +++++++------------
>   src/qemu/qemu_process.c  |  9 ++++-----
>   7 files changed, 38 insertions(+), 61 deletions(-)
> 

Reviewed-by: Michal Privoznik <mprivozn@redhat.com>

Michal