[edk2-devel] [PATCH v5 0/3] DynamicTablesPkg: _CPC support

Jeff Brasen via groups.io posted 3 patches 5 days, 6 hours ago
Failed in applying to current master (apply log)
.../Include/ArmNameSpaceObjects.h             |  60 ++-
DynamicTablesPkg/Include/Library/AmlCpcInfo.h | 124 +++++
.../Include/Library/AmlLib/AmlLib.h           |  54 ++
.../SsdtCpuTopologyGenerator.c                | 133 ++++-
.../Common/AmlLib/CodeGen/AmlCodeGen.c        | 475 ++++++++++++++++++
.../ConfigurationManagerObjectParser.c        | 115 ++++-
6 files changed, 921 insertions(+), 40 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 DynamicTablesPkg/Include/Library/AmlCpcInfo.h
[edk2-devel] [PATCH v5 0/3] DynamicTablesPkg: _CPC support
Posted by Jeff Brasen via groups.io 5 days, 6 hours ago
Add generator for creating the _CPC object for CPU nodes.

If viewing this review by a pull request is helpful one exists here:
https://github.com/NVIDIA/edk2/pull/12

Change Log:
v1 - Initial Revision
v2 - Added revision to object, improved error handling, changed to ACPI 6.4 structures.
v3 - Minor review feedback
v4 - Convert CpcInfo to structure and use that for APIs
v5 - Cleanup parameter checks, add token to parser

Jeff Brasen (3):
  DynamicTablesPkg: Add CM_ARM_CPC_INFO object
  DynamicTablesPkg: AML Code generation to add _CPC entries
  DynamicTablesPkg: SSDT CPU _CPC generator

 .../Include/ArmNameSpaceObjects.h             |  60 ++-
 DynamicTablesPkg/Include/Library/AmlCpcInfo.h | 124 +++++
 .../Include/Library/AmlLib/AmlLib.h           |  54 ++
 .../SsdtCpuTopologyGenerator.c                | 133 ++++-
 .../Common/AmlLib/CodeGen/AmlCodeGen.c        | 475 ++++++++++++++++++
 .../ConfigurationManagerObjectParser.c        | 115 ++++-
 6 files changed, 921 insertions(+), 40 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 DynamicTablesPkg/Include/Library/AmlCpcInfo.h

-- 
2.25.1



-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#94129): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/94129
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/93857387/1787277
Group Owner: devel+owner@edk2.groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/unsub [importer@patchew.org]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Re: [edk2-devel] [PATCH v5 0/3] DynamicTablesPkg: _CPC support
Posted by Sami Mujawar 4 days, 9 hours ago
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the updated patch series.

I have made some minor changes:

1. Move DynamicTablesPkg/Include/Library/AmlCpcInfo.h to 
DynamicTablesPkg/Include/AmlCpcInfo.h to stop edk2 CI from complaining.

2. Minor update to the documentation for CpcToken in CM_ARM_GICC_INFO.

I have scheduled a pull request 
(https://github.com/samimujawar/edk2/pull/new/REVIEW_2369_dynamic_cpc_support_v5) 
for checking that edk2 CI is happy with the changes.

Please let me know if you are ok with the above changes, and I will push 
these changes.

For this series:

Reviewed-by: Sami Mujawar <sami.mujawar@arm.com>

Regards,

Sami Mujawar

On 22/09/2022 09:36 pm, Jeff Brasen wrote:
> Add generator for creating the _CPC object for CPU nodes.
>
> If viewing this review by a pull request is helpful one exists here:
> https://github.com/NVIDIA/edk2/pull/12
>
> Change Log:
> v1 - Initial Revision
> v2 - Added revision to object, improved error handling, changed to ACPI 6.4 structures.
> v3 - Minor review feedback
> v4 - Convert CpcInfo to structure and use that for APIs
> v5 - Cleanup parameter checks, add token to parser
>
> Jeff Brasen (3):
>    DynamicTablesPkg: Add CM_ARM_CPC_INFO object
>    DynamicTablesPkg: AML Code generation to add _CPC entries
>    DynamicTablesPkg: SSDT CPU _CPC generator
>
>   .../Include/ArmNameSpaceObjects.h             |  60 ++-
>   DynamicTablesPkg/Include/Library/AmlCpcInfo.h | 124 +++++
>   .../Include/Library/AmlLib/AmlLib.h           |  54 ++
>   .../SsdtCpuTopologyGenerator.c                | 133 ++++-
>   .../Common/AmlLib/CodeGen/AmlCodeGen.c        | 475 ++++++++++++++++++
>   .../ConfigurationManagerObjectParser.c        | 115 ++++-
>   6 files changed, 921 insertions(+), 40 deletions(-)
>   create mode 100644 DynamicTablesPkg/Include/Library/AmlCpcInfo.h
>


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#94240): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/94240
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/93857387/1787277
Group Owner: devel+owner@edk2.groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/unsub [importer@patchew.org]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Re: [edk2-devel] [PATCH v5 0/3] DynamicTablesPkg: _CPC support
Posted by Jeff Brasen via groups.io 4 days, 9 hours ago
Those changes look good to me.

Thanks,
Jeff

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sami Mujawar <sami.mujawar@arm.com>
> Sent: Friday, September 23, 2022 10:55 AM
> To: Jeff Brasen <jbrasen@nvidia.com>; devel@edk2.groups.io
> Cc: ardb+tianocore@kernel.org; Alexei.Fedorov@arm.com;
> pierre.gondois@arm.com; nd@arm.com
> Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 0/3] DynamicTablesPkg: _CPC support
> 
> External email: Use caution opening links or attachments
> 
> 
> Hi Jeff,
> 
> Thank you for the updated patch series.
> 
> I have made some minor changes:
> 
> 1. Move DynamicTablesPkg/Include/Library/AmlCpcInfo.h to
> DynamicTablesPkg/Include/AmlCpcInfo.h to stop edk2 CI from complaining.
> 
> 2. Minor update to the documentation for CpcToken in
> CM_ARM_GICC_INFO.
> 
> I have scheduled a pull request
> (https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgith
> ub.com%2Fsamimujawar%2Fedk2%2Fpull%2Fnew%2FREVIEW_2369_dynami
> c_cpc_support_v5&amp;data=05%7C01%7Cjbrasen%40nvidia.com%7Cfa438c
> 463975467b580908da9d84760a%7C43083d15727340c1b7db39efd9ccc17a%7C0
> %7C0%7C637995489497585332%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC
> 4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%
> 7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=hwqiwMp1xW4hu1uTcJMiHhCpMnHCYh6jjmRDi1allx
> Q%3D&amp;reserved=0)
> for checking that edk2 CI is happy with the changes.
> 
> Please let me know if you are ok with the above changes, and I will push
> these changes.
> 
> For this series:
> 
> Reviewed-by: Sami Mujawar <sami.mujawar@arm.com>
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Sami Mujawar
> 
> On 22/09/2022 09:36 pm, Jeff Brasen wrote:
> > Add generator for creating the _CPC object for CPU nodes.
> >
> > If viewing this review by a pull request is helpful one exists here:
> >
> https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgith
> >
> ub.com%2FNVIDIA%2Fedk2%2Fpull%2F12&amp;data=05%7C01%7Cjbrasen%
> 40nvidia
> >
> .com%7Cfa438c463975467b580908da9d84760a%7C43083d15727340c1b7db39
> efd9cc
> >
> c17a%7C0%7C0%7C637995489497585332%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8ey
> JWIjoiMC4w
> >
> LjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C
> %7C%7C
> >
> &amp;sdata=7gI38kSJx1GjNPVikW1UX8nT8D2KIADcyta8MM4TI5c%3D&amp;
> reserved
> > =0
> >
> > Change Log:
> > v1 - Initial Revision
> > v2 - Added revision to object, improved error handling, changed to ACPI 6.4
> structures.
> > v3 - Minor review feedback
> > v4 - Convert CpcInfo to structure and use that for APIs
> > v5 - Cleanup parameter checks, add token to parser
> >
> > Jeff Brasen (3):
> >    DynamicTablesPkg: Add CM_ARM_CPC_INFO object
> >    DynamicTablesPkg: AML Code generation to add _CPC entries
> >    DynamicTablesPkg: SSDT CPU _CPC generator
> >
> >   .../Include/ArmNameSpaceObjects.h             |  60 ++-
> >   DynamicTablesPkg/Include/Library/AmlCpcInfo.h | 124 +++++
> >   .../Include/Library/AmlLib/AmlLib.h           |  54 ++
> >   .../SsdtCpuTopologyGenerator.c                | 133 ++++-
> >   .../Common/AmlLib/CodeGen/AmlCodeGen.c        | 475
> ++++++++++++++++++
> >   .../ConfigurationManagerObjectParser.c        | 115 ++++-
> >   6 files changed, 921 insertions(+), 40 deletions(-)
> >   create mode 100644 DynamicTablesPkg/Include/Library/AmlCpcInfo.h
> >


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#94241): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/94241
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/93857387/1787277
Group Owner: devel+owner@edk2.groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/unsub [importer@patchew.org]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Re: [edk2-devel] [PATCH v5 0/3] DynamicTablesPkg: _CPC support
Posted by Sami Mujawar 4 days, 9 hours ago
Merged as 953438e4665c..2500ce101178

Thanks.

Regards,

Sami Mujawar

On 23/09/2022 06:05 pm, Jeff Brasen wrote:
> Those changes look good to me.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Sami Mujawar <sami.mujawar@arm.com>
>> Sent: Friday, September 23, 2022 10:55 AM
>> To: Jeff Brasen <jbrasen@nvidia.com>; devel@edk2.groups.io
>> Cc: ardb+tianocore@kernel.org; Alexei.Fedorov@arm.com;
>> pierre.gondois@arm.com; nd@arm.com
>> Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 0/3] DynamicTablesPkg: _CPC support
>>
>> External email: Use caution opening links or attachments
>>
>>
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> Thank you for the updated patch series.
>>
>> I have made some minor changes:
>>
>> 1. Move DynamicTablesPkg/Include/Library/AmlCpcInfo.h to
>> DynamicTablesPkg/Include/AmlCpcInfo.h to stop edk2 CI from complaining.
>>
>> 2. Minor update to the documentation for CpcToken in
>> CM_ARM_GICC_INFO.
>>
>> I have scheduled a pull request
>> (https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgith
>> ub.com%2Fsamimujawar%2Fedk2%2Fpull%2Fnew%2FREVIEW_2369_dynami
>> c_cpc_support_v5&amp;data=05%7C01%7Cjbrasen%40nvidia.com%7Cfa438c
>> 463975467b580908da9d84760a%7C43083d15727340c1b7db39efd9ccc17a%7C0
>> %7C0%7C637995489497585332%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC
>> 4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%
>> 7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=hwqiwMp1xW4hu1uTcJMiHhCpMnHCYh6jjmRDi1allx
>> Q%3D&amp;reserved=0)
>> for checking that edk2 CI is happy with the changes.
>>
>> Please let me know if you are ok with the above changes, and I will push
>> these changes.
>>
>> For this series:
>>
>> Reviewed-by: Sami Mujawar <sami.mujawar@arm.com>
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Sami Mujawar
>>
>> On 22/09/2022 09:36 pm, Jeff Brasen wrote:
>>> Add generator for creating the _CPC object for CPU nodes.
>>>
>>> If viewing this review by a pull request is helpful one exists here:
>>>
>> https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgith
>> ub.com%2FNVIDIA%2Fedk2%2Fpull%2F12&amp;data=05%7C01%7Cjbrasen%
>> 40nvidia
>> .com%7Cfa438c463975467b580908da9d84760a%7C43083d15727340c1b7db39
>> efd9cc
>> c17a%7C0%7C0%7C637995489497585332%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8ey
>> JWIjoiMC4w
>> LjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C
>> %7C%7C
>> &amp;sdata=7gI38kSJx1GjNPVikW1UX8nT8D2KIADcyta8MM4TI5c%3D&amp;
>> reserved
>>> =0
>>>
>>> Change Log:
>>> v1 - Initial Revision
>>> v2 - Added revision to object, improved error handling, changed to ACPI 6.4
>> structures.
>>> v3 - Minor review feedback
>>> v4 - Convert CpcInfo to structure and use that for APIs
>>> v5 - Cleanup parameter checks, add token to parser
>>>
>>> Jeff Brasen (3):
>>>     DynamicTablesPkg: Add CM_ARM_CPC_INFO object
>>>     DynamicTablesPkg: AML Code generation to add _CPC entries
>>>     DynamicTablesPkg: SSDT CPU _CPC generator
>>>
>>>    .../Include/ArmNameSpaceObjects.h             |  60 ++-
>>>    DynamicTablesPkg/Include/Library/AmlCpcInfo.h | 124 +++++
>>>    .../Include/Library/AmlLib/AmlLib.h           |  54 ++
>>>    .../SsdtCpuTopologyGenerator.c                | 133 ++++-
>>>    .../Common/AmlLib/CodeGen/AmlCodeGen.c        | 475
>> ++++++++++++++++++
>>>    .../ConfigurationManagerObjectParser.c        | 115 ++++-
>>>    6 files changed, 921 insertions(+), 40 deletions(-)
>>>    create mode 100644 DynamicTablesPkg/Include/Library/AmlCpcInfo.h
>>>


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#94244): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/94244
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/93857387/1787277
Group Owner: devel+owner@edk2.groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/unsub [importer@patchew.org]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-