[edk2-devel] [PATCH edk2-platforms 0/6] Update Maintainers.txt

Leif Lindholm posted 6 patches 1 week ago
Failed in applying to current master (apply log)
Maintainers.txt | 175 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
1 file changed, 140 insertions(+), 35 deletions(-)

[edk2-devel] [PATCH edk2-platforms 0/6] Update Maintainers.txt

Posted by Leif Lindholm 1 week ago
This set does a few things:
- Imports the documentation header from edk2/Maintainers.txt
- Reformats some maintainer entries to get rid of ',' characters
  in the names.
- Adds F: entries for all sections, and a default fallback section
  for those where there is no match.
- Merges the Marvell sections (designed to work with this format)
  into a single area of responsibility.
- Adds sections for those that now ended up having none other than
  the fallback one (mostly ARM platforms).
- Remove Ard from the default section.

I am intentionally not Cc:ing all affected maintainers, since this
is a reformatting exercise. All roles actually affected are Cc:d.

Cc: Ard Bieshuevel <ard.bieshuevel@linaro.org>
Cc: Marcin Wojtas <mw@semihalf.com>
Cc: Michael D Kinney <michael.d.kinney@intel.com>

Leif Lindholm (6):
  Maintainers.txt: Update documentation for new format
  Maintainers.txt: drop ',' from maintainer names
  Maintainers.txt: revamp file to machine-readable format
  Maintainers.txt: merge Marvell platforms and silicon sections
  Maintainers.txt: create explicit sections for remaining modules
  Maintainers.txt: drop Ard from default section

 Maintainers.txt | 175 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 1 file changed, 140 insertions(+), 35 deletions(-)

--
2.20.1


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#48636): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/48636
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/34462371/1787277
Group Owner: devel+owner@edk2.groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/unsub  [importer@patchew.org]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: [edk2-devel] [PATCH edk2-platforms 0/6] Update Maintainers.txt

Posted by Ard Biesheuvel 1 week ago
On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 at 14:00, Leif Lindholm <leif.lindholm@linaro.org> wrote:
>
> This set does a few things:
> - Imports the documentation header from edk2/Maintainers.txt
> - Reformats some maintainer entries to get rid of ',' characters
>   in the names.
> - Adds F: entries for all sections, and a default fallback section
>   for those where there is no match.
> - Merges the Marvell sections (designed to work with this format)
>   into a single area of responsibility.
> - Adds sections for those that now ended up having none other than
>   the fallback one (mostly ARM platforms).
> - Remove Ard from the default section.
>
> I am intentionally not Cc:ing all affected maintainers, since this
> is a reformatting exercise. All roles actually affected are Cc:d.
>
> Cc: Ard Bieshuevel <ard.bieshuevel@linaro.org>

Typo here ^^^

... but I'm sure the Google mail robot has informed you by now? :-)

In any case, for the series (modulo the typoes)

Acked-by: Ard Bieshulevl <ard.lehvieshbe@linaro.org>


> Cc: Marcin Wojtas <mw@semihalf.com>
> Cc: Michael D Kinney <michael.d.kinney@intel.com>
>
> Leif Lindholm (6):
>   Maintainers.txt: Update documentation for new format
>   Maintainers.txt: drop ',' from maintainer names
>   Maintainers.txt: revamp file to machine-readable format
>   Maintainers.txt: merge Marvell platforms and silicon sections
>   Maintainers.txt: create explicit sections for remaining modules
>   Maintainers.txt: drop Ard from default section
>
>  Maintainers.txt | 175 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
>  1 file changed, 140 insertions(+), 35 deletions(-)
>
> --
> 2.20.1
>

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#48645): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/48645
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/34462371/1787277
Group Owner: devel+owner@edk2.groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/unsub  [importer@patchew.org]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: [edk2-devel] [PATCH edk2-platforms 0/6] Update Maintainers.txt

Posted by Leif Lindholm 1 week ago
On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 02:32:37PM +0200, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 at 14:00, Leif Lindholm <leif.lindholm@linaro.org> wrote:
> >
> > This set does a few things:
> > - Imports the documentation header from edk2/Maintainers.txt
> > - Reformats some maintainer entries to get rid of ',' characters
> >   in the names.
> > - Adds F: entries for all sections, and a default fallback section
> >   for those where there is no match.
> > - Merges the Marvell sections (designed to work with this format)
> >   into a single area of responsibility.
> > - Adds sections for those that now ended up having none other than
> >   the fallback one (mostly ARM platforms).
> > - Remove Ard from the default section.
> >
> > I am intentionally not Cc:ing all affected maintainers, since this
> > is a reformatting exercise. All roles actually affected are Cc:d.
> >
> > Cc: Ard Bieshuevel <ard.bieshuevel@linaro.org>
> 
> Typo here ^^^
> 
> ... but I'm sure the Google mail robot has informed you by now? :-)

Many times...
Funny thing is, I didn't type out a single address - I copy-pasted it
from the GetMaintainers.py output (from another window where I was
going through the whitespace fixups, using the script to get at it).

Turns out your name/address was always wrong in
https://github.com/tianocore/edk2-platforms/blob/master/Maintainers.txt#L52
:)

Gosh hecking darnit!

> In any case, for the series (modulo the typoes)
> 
> Acked-by: Ard Bieshulevl <ard.lehvieshbe@linaro.org>

Don't tempt me.

(Thanks!)

> 
> > Cc: Marcin Wojtas <mw@semihalf.com>
> > Cc: Michael D Kinney <michael.d.kinney@intel.com>
> >
> > Leif Lindholm (6):
> >   Maintainers.txt: Update documentation for new format
> >   Maintainers.txt: drop ',' from maintainer names
> >   Maintainers.txt: revamp file to machine-readable format
> >   Maintainers.txt: merge Marvell platforms and silicon sections
> >   Maintainers.txt: create explicit sections for remaining modules
> >   Maintainers.txt: drop Ard from default section
> >
> >  Maintainers.txt | 175 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
> >  1 file changed, 140 insertions(+), 35 deletions(-)
> >
> > --
> > 2.20.1
> >

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#48646): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/48646
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/34462371/1787277
Group Owner: devel+owner@edk2.groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/unsub  [importer@patchew.org]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-