[edk2-devel] [PATCH v1 0/2] OVMF: Drop CSM support

Wu, Hao A posted 2 patches 2 weeks ago
Failed in applying to current master (apply log)
OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgIa32.dsc                     |   21 +-
OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgIa32X64.dsc                  |   21 +-
OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgX64.dsc                      |   21 +-
OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgIa32.fdf                     |    6 -
OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgIa32X64.fdf                  |    6 -
OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgX64.fdf                      |    6 -
OvmfPkg/Csm/Csm16/Csm16.inf                 |   17 -
OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/CsmSupportLib.inf |   56 --
OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/CsmSupportLib.h   |   49 -
OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyInterrupt.h |  117 ---
OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyPlatform.h  |   98 --
OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyRegion.h    |  203 ----
OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/CsmSupportLib.c   |   32 -
OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyInterrupt.c |  214 ----
OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyPlatform.c  | 1060 --------------------
OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyRegion.c    |  498 ---------
OvmfPkg/Csm/Csm16/ReadMe.txt                |   12 -
17 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 2434 deletions(-)
delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/Csm16/Csm16.inf
delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/CsmSupportLib.inf
delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/CsmSupportLib.h
delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyInterrupt.h
delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyPlatform.h
delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyRegion.h
delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/CsmSupportLib.c
delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyInterrupt.c
delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyPlatform.c
delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyRegion.c
delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/Csm16/ReadMe.txt

[edk2-devel] [PATCH v1 0/2] OVMF: Drop CSM support

Posted by Wu, Hao A 2 weeks ago
The series is also available at:
https://github.com/hwu25/edk2/tree/ovmf_drop_csm

The series will drop the CSM support in OvmfPkg and delete the unused
modules.

Cc: David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org>
Cc: Ray Ni <ray.ni@intel.com>
Cc: Jordan Justen <jordan.l.justen@intel.com>
Cc: Laszlo Ersek <lersek@redhat.com>
Cc: Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheuvel@linaro.org>

Hao A Wu (2):
  OvmfPkg: Remove 'CSM_ENABLE' flag & CSM modules in DSC/FDF files
  OvmfPkg/Csm: Remove the components under this folder

 OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgIa32.dsc                     |   21 +-
 OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgIa32X64.dsc                  |   21 +-
 OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgX64.dsc                      |   21 +-
 OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgIa32.fdf                     |    6 -
 OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgIa32X64.fdf                  |    6 -
 OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgX64.fdf                      |    6 -
 OvmfPkg/Csm/Csm16/Csm16.inf                 |   17 -
 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/CsmSupportLib.inf |   56 --
 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/CsmSupportLib.h   |   49 -
 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyInterrupt.h |  117 ---
 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyPlatform.h  |   98 --
 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyRegion.h    |  203 ----
 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/CsmSupportLib.c   |   32 -
 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyInterrupt.c |  214 ----
 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyPlatform.c  | 1060 --------------------
 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyRegion.c    |  498 ---------
 OvmfPkg/Csm/Csm16/ReadMe.txt                |   12 -
 17 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 2434 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/Csm16/Csm16.inf
 delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/CsmSupportLib.inf
 delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/CsmSupportLib.h
 delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyInterrupt.h
 delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyPlatform.h
 delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyRegion.h
 delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/CsmSupportLib.c
 delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyInterrupt.c
 delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyPlatform.c
 delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyRegion.c
 delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/Csm16/ReadMe.txt

-- 
2.12.0.windows.1


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#42142): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/42142
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32011732/1787277
Group Owner: devel+owner@edk2.groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/unsub  [importer@patchew.org]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: [edk2-devel] [PATCH v1 0/2] OVMF: Drop CSM support

Posted by Ard Biesheuvel 2 weeks ago
On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 at 03:30, Hao A Wu <hao.a.wu@intel.com> wrote:
>
> The series is also available at:
> https://github.com/hwu25/edk2/tree/ovmf_drop_csm
>
> The series will drop the CSM support in OvmfPkg and delete the unused
> modules.
>
> Cc: David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org>
> Cc: Ray Ni <ray.ni@intel.com>
> Cc: Jordan Justen <jordan.l.justen@intel.com>
> Cc: Laszlo Ersek <lersek@redhat.com>
> Cc: Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheuvel@linaro.org>
>
> Hao A Wu (2):
>   OvmfPkg: Remove 'CSM_ENABLE' flag & CSM modules in DSC/FDF files
>   OvmfPkg/Csm: Remove the components under this folder
>

For the series

Acked-by: Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheuvel@linaro.org>

but I will let Laszlo have the final word.

>  OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgIa32.dsc                     |   21 +-
>  OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgIa32X64.dsc                  |   21 +-
>  OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgX64.dsc                      |   21 +-
>  OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgIa32.fdf                     |    6 -
>  OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgIa32X64.fdf                  |    6 -
>  OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgX64.fdf                      |    6 -
>  OvmfPkg/Csm/Csm16/Csm16.inf                 |   17 -
>  OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/CsmSupportLib.inf |   56 --
>  OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/CsmSupportLib.h   |   49 -
>  OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyInterrupt.h |  117 ---
>  OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyPlatform.h  |   98 --
>  OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyRegion.h    |  203 ----
>  OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/CsmSupportLib.c   |   32 -
>  OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyInterrupt.c |  214 ----
>  OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyPlatform.c  | 1060 --------------------
>  OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyRegion.c    |  498 ---------
>  OvmfPkg/Csm/Csm16/ReadMe.txt                |   12 -
>  17 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 2434 deletions(-)
>  delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/Csm16/Csm16.inf
>  delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/CsmSupportLib.inf
>  delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/CsmSupportLib.h
>  delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyInterrupt.h
>  delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyPlatform.h
>  delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyRegion.h
>  delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/CsmSupportLib.c
>  delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyInterrupt.c
>  delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyPlatform.c
>  delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/CsmSupportLib/LegacyRegion.c
>  delete mode 100644 OvmfPkg/Csm/Csm16/ReadMe.txt
>
> --
> 2.12.0.windows.1
>

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#42177): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/42177
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32011732/1787277
Group Owner: devel+owner@edk2.groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/unsub  [importer@patchew.org]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: [edk2-devel] [PATCH v1 0/2] OVMF: Drop CSM support

Posted by Laszlo Ersek 2 weeks ago
On 06/11/19 08:47, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 at 03:30, Hao A Wu <hao.a.wu@intel.com> wrote:
>>
>> The series is also available at:
>> https://github.com/hwu25/edk2/tree/ovmf_drop_csm
>>
>> The series will drop the CSM support in OvmfPkg and delete the unused
>> modules.
>>
>> Cc: David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org>
>> Cc: Ray Ni <ray.ni@intel.com>
>> Cc: Jordan Justen <jordan.l.justen@intel.com>
>> Cc: Laszlo Ersek <lersek@redhat.com>
>> Cc: Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheuvel@linaro.org>
>>
>> Hao A Wu (2):
>>   OvmfPkg: Remove 'CSM_ENABLE' flag & CSM modules in DSC/FDF files
>>   OvmfPkg/Csm: Remove the components under this folder
>>
> 
> For the series
> 
> Acked-by: Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheuvel@linaro.org>
> 
> but I will let Laszlo have the final word.

Thanks -- from the discussion under

  [edk2-devel] [PATCH v2 0/6]
  Ovmf: Drop IntelFramework[Module]Pkg dependency

it seems that we're back to the previous group of patch sets, namely:

  [edk2-devel] [PATCH v2 00/10]
  Duplicate required CSM components for OVMF
  (BZ#1811)

  [edk2-devel] [PATCH v1 0/6]
  Ovmf: Drop IntelFramework[Module]Pkg dependency
  (BZ#1843)

  [edk2-devel] [RFC][PATCH v1 0/3]
  Remove IntelFramework[Module]Pkg
  (BZ#1605)

  [edk2-devel] [RFC][PATCH v1 0/1]
  PcAtChipsetPkg: Remove framework modules
  (BZ#1844)

in this dependency order.

(Please see also my earlier message at
<http://mid.mail-archive.com/5bb0b7dc-a16e-3ff9-af6e-3c87c6e3744c@redhat.com>.)

Thanks,
Laszlo

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#42221): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/42221
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32011732/1787277
Group Owner: devel+owner@edk2.groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/unsub  [importer@patchew.org]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-