[PULL 0/4] Fixes 20221124 patches

Gerd Hoffmann posted 4 patches 2 weeks ago
Patches applied successfully (tree, apply log)
git fetch https://github.com/patchew-project/qemu tags/patchew/20221124071602.1109150-1-kraxel@redhat.com
Maintainers: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@redhat.com>, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>, "Marc-André Lureau" <marcandre.lureau@redhat.com>, "Daniel P. Berrangé" <berrange@redhat.com>, Thomas Huth <thuth@redhat.com>, "Philippe Mathieu-Daudé" <philmd@linaro.org>
meson_options.txt             | 7 +++++++
hw/usb/hcd-xhci.c             | 2 +-
hw/usb/redirect.c             | 3 +--
ui/gtk-egl.c                  | 2 +-
ui/gtk-gl-area.c              | 2 +-
ui/gtk.c                      | 2 ++
meson.build                   | 5 +++++
scripts/meson-buildoptions.sh | 3 +++
ui/meson.build                | 5 ++++-
9 files changed, 25 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
[PULL 0/4] Fixes 20221124 patches
Posted by Gerd Hoffmann 2 weeks ago
The following changes since commit 7c09a7f6ae1770d15535980d15dffdb23f4d9786:

  Update VERSION for v7.2.0-rc2 (2022-11-22 18:59:56 -0500)

are available in the Git repository at:

  https://gitlab.com/kraxel/qemu.git tags/fixes-20221124-pull-request

for you to fetch changes up to 64f1359bd08060ffe7a5689fdcbaeec6d8a59980:

  ui/gtk: prevent ui lock up when dpy_gl_update called again before current draw event occurs (2022-11-23 12:27:55 +0100)

----------------------------------------------------------------
usb+ui: fixes for 7.2

----------------------------------------------------------------

Claudio Fontana (1):
  gtk: disable GTK Clipboard with a new meson option

Dongwon Kim (1):
  ui/gtk: prevent ui lock up when dpy_gl_update called again before
    current draw event occurs

Joelle van Dyne (1):
  Revert "usbredir: avoid queuing hello packet on snapshot restore"

Michael Tokarev (1):
  hw/usb/hcd-xhci.c: spelling: tranfer

 meson_options.txt             | 7 +++++++
 hw/usb/hcd-xhci.c             | 2 +-
 hw/usb/redirect.c             | 3 +--
 ui/gtk-egl.c                  | 2 +-
 ui/gtk-gl-area.c              | 2 +-
 ui/gtk.c                      | 2 ++
 meson.build                   | 5 +++++
 scripts/meson-buildoptions.sh | 3 +++
 ui/meson.build                | 5 ++++-
 9 files changed, 25 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

-- 
2.38.1
Re: [PULL 0/4] Fixes 20221124 patches
Posted by Stefan Hajnoczi 2 weeks ago
On Thu, 24 Nov 2022 at 02:27, Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> The following changes since commit 7c09a7f6ae1770d15535980d15dffdb23f4d9786:
>
>   Update VERSION for v7.2.0-rc2 (2022-11-22 18:59:56 -0500)
>
> are available in the Git repository at:
>
>   https://gitlab.com/kraxel/qemu.git tags/fixes-20221124-pull-request
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 64f1359bd08060ffe7a5689fdcbaeec6d8a59980:
>
>   ui/gtk: prevent ui lock up when dpy_gl_update called again before current draw event occurs (2022-11-23 12:27:55 +0100)
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> usb+ui: fixes for 7.2

Hi Gerd,
I already applied your previous pull request so these patches are in
qemu.git/master. Do you want to revert the 8.0 patches that were
included in your previous pull request? I don't know how risky it is
to have them in 7.2. It's up to you.

7d3cf19548 hw/audio/intel-hda: Drop unnecessary prototype
3e95ef49e6 hw/audio/intel-hda: don't reset codecs twice
1dfb7a175f hw/usb/hcd-xhci: Reset the XHCIState with device_cold_reset()

Thanks,
Stefan

>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Claudio Fontana (1):
>   gtk: disable GTK Clipboard with a new meson option
>
> Dongwon Kim (1):
>   ui/gtk: prevent ui lock up when dpy_gl_update called again before
>     current draw event occurs
>
> Joelle van Dyne (1):
>   Revert "usbredir: avoid queuing hello packet on snapshot restore"
>
> Michael Tokarev (1):
>   hw/usb/hcd-xhci.c: spelling: tranfer
>
>  meson_options.txt             | 7 +++++++
>  hw/usb/hcd-xhci.c             | 2 +-
>  hw/usb/redirect.c             | 3 +--
>  ui/gtk-egl.c                  | 2 +-
>  ui/gtk-gl-area.c              | 2 +-
>  ui/gtk.c                      | 2 ++
>  meson.build                   | 5 +++++
>  scripts/meson-buildoptions.sh | 3 +++
>  ui/meson.build                | 5 ++++-
>  9 files changed, 25 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
>
> --
> 2.38.1
>
>
Re: [PULL 0/4] Fixes 20221124 patches
Posted by Gerd Hoffmann 1 week, 6 days ago
On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 01:03:21PM -0500, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Nov 2022 at 02:27, Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@redhat.com> wrote:
> > usb+ui: fixes for 7.2
> 
> Hi Gerd,
> I already applied your previous pull request so these patches are in
> qemu.git/master. Do you want to revert the 8.0 patches that were
> included in your previous pull request? I don't know how risky it is
> to have them in 7.2. It's up to you.
> 
> 7d3cf19548 hw/audio/intel-hda: Drop unnecessary prototype
> 3e95ef49e6 hw/audio/intel-hda: don't reset codecs twice
> 1dfb7a175f hw/usb/hcd-xhci: Reset the XHCIState with device_cold_reset()

They look rather safe to me, Peter raised concerns though so I've
re-sent the pull with them dropped.

Peter?

take care,
  Gerd
Re: [PULL 0/4] Fixes 20221124 patches
Posted by Peter Maydell 1 week, 6 days ago
On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 at 06:34, Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 01:03:21PM -0500, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Nov 2022 at 02:27, Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@redhat.com> wrote:
> > > usb+ui: fixes for 7.2
> >
> > Hi Gerd,
> > I already applied your previous pull request so these patches are in
> > qemu.git/master. Do you want to revert the 8.0 patches that were
> > included in your previous pull request? I don't know how risky it is
> > to have them in 7.2. It's up to you.
> >
> > 7d3cf19548 hw/audio/intel-hda: Drop unnecessary prototype
> > 3e95ef49e6 hw/audio/intel-hda: don't reset codecs twice
> > 1dfb7a175f hw/usb/hcd-xhci: Reset the XHCIState with device_cold_reset()
>
> They look rather safe to me, Peter raised concerns though so I've
> re-sent the pull with them dropped.
>
> Peter?

Stefan's point is that they're already upstream, so if you don't
want them you now need to send a pull with reverts in.

I think the patches should be OK, but the trouble with all
this reset stuff is that there are sometimes hidden
dependencies on exact ordering or I missed some interaction
with an old bit of the reset handling; and basic 'make check'
style testing doesn't always catch "this works fine until
the guest is rebooted and then it breaks on reboot" or
similar scenarios. So I was targeting 8.0 as the "safe option".

thanks
-- PMM