[libvirt] [PATCH v9 00/11] x86: Secure Encrypted Virtualization (AMD)

Brijesh Singh posted 11 patches 23 weeks ago
Patches applied successfully (tree, apply log)
git fetch https://github.com/patchew-project/libvirt tags/patchew/20180608144101.34228-1-brijesh.singh@amd.com
Test syntax-check passed
docs/drvqemu.html.in                               |   3 +-
docs/formatdomain.html.in                          | 115 ++++++++++++++++
docs/formatdomaincaps.html.in                      |  30 ++++
docs/schemas/domaincaps.rng                        |  14 ++
docs/schemas/domaincommon.rng                      |  37 +++++
include/libvirt/libvirt-domain.h                   |  17 +++
include/libvirt/libvirt-host.h                     |  42 ++++++
src/conf/domain_capabilities.c                     |  30 ++++
src/conf/domain_capabilities.h                     |  13 ++
src/conf/domain_conf.c                             | 133 ++++++++++++++++++
src/conf/domain_conf.h                             |  27 ++++
src/driver-hypervisor.h                            |  14 ++
src/libvirt-domain.c                               |  48 +++++++
src/libvirt-host.c                                 |  49 +++++++
src/libvirt_private.syms                           |   1 +
src/libvirt_public.syms                            |   2 +
src/qemu/qemu.conf                                 |   2 +-
src/qemu/qemu_capabilities.c                       |  90 +++++++++++-
src/qemu/qemu_capabilities.h                       |   6 +
src/qemu/qemu_capspriv.h                           |   4 +
src/qemu/qemu_cgroup.c                             |   2 +-
src/qemu/qemu_command.c                            |  41 ++++++
src/qemu/qemu_driver.c                             | 151 +++++++++++++++++++++
src/qemu/qemu_monitor.c                            |  18 +++
src/qemu/qemu_monitor.h                            |   6 +
src/qemu/qemu_monitor_json.c                       | 121 +++++++++++++++++
src/qemu/qemu_monitor_json.h                       |   5 +
src/qemu/qemu_process.c                            |  62 +++++++++
src/qemu/test_libvirtd_qemu.aug.in                 |   1 +
src/remote/remote_daemon_dispatch.c                |  91 +++++++++++++
src/remote/remote_driver.c                         |  80 +++++++++++
src/remote/remote_protocol.x                       |  39 +++++-
src/remote_protocol-structs                        |  23 ++++
tests/genericxml2xmlindata/launch-security-sev.xml |  24 ++++
tests/genericxml2xmltest.c                         |   2 +
.../caps_2.12.0.x86_64.replies                     |  10 ++
tests/qemucapabilitiesdata/caps_2.12.0.x86_64.xml  |   3 +-
tests/qemuxml2argvdata/launch-security-sev.args    |  29 ++++
tests/qemuxml2argvdata/launch-security-sev.xml     |  37 +++++
tests/qemuxml2argvtest.c                           |   4 +
40 files changed, 1420 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 tests/genericxml2xmlindata/launch-security-sev.xml
create mode 100644 tests/qemuxml2argvdata/launch-security-sev.args
create mode 100644 tests/qemuxml2argvdata/launch-security-sev.xml

[libvirt] [PATCH v9 00/11] x86: Secure Encrypted Virtualization (AMD)

Posted by Brijesh Singh 23 weeks ago
This patch series provides support for launching an encrypted guest using
AMD's new Secure Encrypted  Virtualization (SEV) feature.

SEV is an extension to the AMD-V architecture which supports running
multiple VMs under the control of a hypervisor. When enabled, SEV feature
allows the memory contents of a virtual machine (VM) to be transparently
encrypted with a key unique to the guest VM.

At very high level the flow looks this:

1. mgmt tool calls virConnectGetDomainCapabilities. This returns an XML document
that includes the following

<feature>
...
  <sev supported='yes'>
    <cbitpos> </cbitpos>
    <reduced-phys-bits> </reduced-phys-bits>
  </sev>
</feature>

If <sev> is provided then we indicate that hypervisor is capable of launching
SEV guest. mgmt tool can call virNodeGetSEVCapabilities() to get the additional
informations like PDH and certificate chain etc.

2. (optional) mgmt tool can provide the PDH and Cert-chain to guest owner in case
if guest owner wish to establish a secure connection with SEV firmware to
negotiate a key used for validating the measurement.

3. mgmt tool requests to start a guest calling virCreateXML(), passing \
VIR_DOMAIN_START_PAUSED. The xml would include

<launch-security type='sev'>
  <cbitpos>47</cbitpos> 
  <reduced-phys-bits>1</reduced-phys-bits>
  <policy>0x1</policy>

  (optional)
  <dh-cert> </dh-cert> /* Guest owners Diffie-Hellman key */
  <session> </session> /* Guest owners Session blob */
</launch-security>

4. Libvirt generate the QEMU cli arg to enable the SEV feature, a typical
args looks like this:

# $QEMU ..
-machine memory-encryption=sev0 \
-object sev-guest,id=sev0,dh-cert-file=<file>....

5. Libvirt generates lifecycle VIR_DOMAIN_EVENT_SUSPENDED_PAUSED event

6. mgmt tool gets the VIR_DOMAIN_EVENT_SUSPENDED_PAUSED and calls \
virDomainGetLaunchSecretInfo() to retrieve the measurement of encrypted memory.

7. (optional) mgmt tool can provide the measurement value to guest owner, which can
validate the measurement and gives GO/NO-GO answer. If mgmt tool gets GO then
it resumes the guest otherwise it calls destroy() to kill the guest.

8. mgmt tool resumes the guest

TODO:
* SEV guest require to use DMA apis for the virtio devices. In order to use the DMA
apis the virtio devices must have this tag

<driver iommu=on ats=on>

It is a bit unclear to me where these changes need to go. Do we need to
modify the libvirt to automatically add these when SEV is enabled or
we ask mgmt tool to make sure that it creates XML with right tag to enable
the DMA APIs for virtio devices. I am looking for some suggestions.

Using these patches we have succesfully booted and tested a guest both with and
without SEV enabled.

SEV Firmware API spec is available at:
https://support.amd.com/TechDocs/55766_SEV-KM%20API_Specification.pdf

Changes sicne v8:
* rename qemuGetSEVInfo -> qemuGetSEVInfoToParams
* use virQEMUCapsCacheLookupByArch to get qemuCaps

Change since v7:
* rename virNodeSEVCapability() -> virNodeSEVInfo()
* rebase the series

Changes since v6:
* add API to get SEV PDH and Certificate chain data
* drop virsh command changes. We can revisit this later when we have
  more visibility on setter.

Change since v5:
* drop the seperate test patch and merge the code with other patches.
* rename the xml from sev -> launch-security-sev
* make policy field mandatory
* address multiple feedback from previous reviews.

Changes since v4:
* add /dev/sev in shared device list

Changes since v3:
* rename QEMU_CAPS_SEV -> QEMU_CAPS_SEV_GUEST
* update caps_2.12.0.x86_64.replies to include query-sev-capabilities data

Changes since v2:
* make cbitpos, policy and reduced-phys-bits as unsigned int
* update virDomainGetLaunchSecurityInfo to accept virTypedParameterPtr *params
instead of virTypedParameterPtr params.

Changes since v1:
* rename <sev> -> <launch-security> for domain
* add more information about policy and other fields in domaincaps.html
* split the domain_conf support in two patches
* add virDomainGetLaunchInfo() to retrieve the SEV measurement
* extend virsh command to show the domain's launch security information
* add test cases to validate newly added <launch-security> element
* fix issues reported with 'make check' and 'make syntax-check'

The complete git tree is available at:
https://github.com/codomania/libvirt/tree/v9

Brijesh Singh (11):
  qemu: provide support to query the SEV capability
  conf: expose SEV feature in domain capabilities
  libvirt: Introduce virNodeGetSEVInfo public API
  remote: implement the remote protocol for virNodeGetSEVInfo()
  qemu: Implement the driver backend for virNodeGetSEVInfo()
  conf: introduce launch-security element in domain
  qemu/cgroup: add /dev/sev in shared devices list
  qemu: add support to launch SEV guest
  libvirt: Introduce virDomainGetLaunchSecurityInfo public API
  remote: implement the remote protocol for launch security
  qemu: Implement the driver backend for virDomainGetLaunchSecurityInfo

 docs/drvqemu.html.in                               |   3 +-
 docs/formatdomain.html.in                          | 115 ++++++++++++++++
 docs/formatdomaincaps.html.in                      |  30 ++++
 docs/schemas/domaincaps.rng                        |  14 ++
 docs/schemas/domaincommon.rng                      |  37 +++++
 include/libvirt/libvirt-domain.h                   |  17 +++
 include/libvirt/libvirt-host.h                     |  42 ++++++
 src/conf/domain_capabilities.c                     |  30 ++++
 src/conf/domain_capabilities.h                     |  13 ++
 src/conf/domain_conf.c                             | 133 ++++++++++++++++++
 src/conf/domain_conf.h                             |  27 ++++
 src/driver-hypervisor.h                            |  14 ++
 src/libvirt-domain.c                               |  48 +++++++
 src/libvirt-host.c                                 |  49 +++++++
 src/libvirt_private.syms                           |   1 +
 src/libvirt_public.syms                            |   2 +
 src/qemu/qemu.conf                                 |   2 +-
 src/qemu/qemu_capabilities.c                       |  90 +++++++++++-
 src/qemu/qemu_capabilities.h                       |   6 +
 src/qemu/qemu_capspriv.h                           |   4 +
 src/qemu/qemu_cgroup.c                             |   2 +-
 src/qemu/qemu_command.c                            |  41 ++++++
 src/qemu/qemu_driver.c                             | 151 +++++++++++++++++++++
 src/qemu/qemu_monitor.c                            |  18 +++
 src/qemu/qemu_monitor.h                            |   6 +
 src/qemu/qemu_monitor_json.c                       | 121 +++++++++++++++++
 src/qemu/qemu_monitor_json.h                       |   5 +
 src/qemu/qemu_process.c                            |  62 +++++++++
 src/qemu/test_libvirtd_qemu.aug.in                 |   1 +
 src/remote/remote_daemon_dispatch.c                |  91 +++++++++++++
 src/remote/remote_driver.c                         |  80 +++++++++++
 src/remote/remote_protocol.x                       |  39 +++++-
 src/remote_protocol-structs                        |  23 ++++
 tests/genericxml2xmlindata/launch-security-sev.xml |  24 ++++
 tests/genericxml2xmltest.c                         |   2 +
 .../caps_2.12.0.x86_64.replies                     |  10 ++
 tests/qemucapabilitiesdata/caps_2.12.0.x86_64.xml  |   3 +-
 tests/qemuxml2argvdata/launch-security-sev.args    |  29 ++++
 tests/qemuxml2argvdata/launch-security-sev.xml     |  37 +++++
 tests/qemuxml2argvtest.c                           |   4 +
 40 files changed, 1420 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 tests/genericxml2xmlindata/launch-security-sev.xml
 create mode 100644 tests/qemuxml2argvdata/launch-security-sev.args
 create mode 100644 tests/qemuxml2argvdata/launch-security-sev.xml

-- 
2.7.4

--
libvir-list mailing list
libvir-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/libvir-list

Re: [libvirt] [PATCH v9 00/11] x86: Secure Encrypted Virtualization (AMD)

Posted by Brijesh Singh 23 weeks ago
Re: Jano's below comment

(Also, some of the patches have double "<< >>" around your e-mail,
how did that happen?)

I am not sure what I am doing that is causing the double "<< >>" around 
my email address in some patches. I tried fixing it after I saw Jano 
note but it somehow happens again...I have no explanation on what is 
going on. Whoever commits the series, can you please remove one of the 
quote from the my email address, Or I can try fixing it and resend the 
series. Please let me know. thanks


On 06/08/2018 09:40 AM, Brijesh Singh wrote:
> This patch series provides support for launching an encrypted guest using
> AMD's new Secure Encrypted  Virtualization (SEV) feature.
> 
> SEV is an extension to the AMD-V architecture which supports running
> multiple VMs under the control of a hypervisor. When enabled, SEV feature
> allows the memory contents of a virtual machine (VM) to be transparently
> encrypted with a key unique to the guest VM.
> 
> At very high level the flow looks this:
> 
> 1. mgmt tool calls virConnectGetDomainCapabilities. This returns an XML document
> that includes the following
> 
> <feature>
> ...
>    <sev supported='yes'>
>      <cbitpos> </cbitpos>
>      <reduced-phys-bits> </reduced-phys-bits>
>    </sev>
> </feature>
> 
> If <sev> is provided then we indicate that hypervisor is capable of launching
> SEV guest. mgmt tool can call virNodeGetSEVCapabilities() to get the additional
> informations like PDH and certificate chain etc.
> 
> 2. (optional) mgmt tool can provide the PDH and Cert-chain to guest owner in case
> if guest owner wish to establish a secure connection with SEV firmware to
> negotiate a key used for validating the measurement.
> 
> 3. mgmt tool requests to start a guest calling virCreateXML(), passing \
> VIR_DOMAIN_START_PAUSED. The xml would include
> 
> <launch-security type='sev'>
>    <cbitpos>47</cbitpos>
>    <reduced-phys-bits>1</reduced-phys-bits>
>    <policy>0x1</policy>
> 
>    (optional)
>    <dh-cert> </dh-cert> /* Guest owners Diffie-Hellman key */
>    <session> </session> /* Guest owners Session blob */
> </launch-security>
> 
> 4. Libvirt generate the QEMU cli arg to enable the SEV feature, a typical
> args looks like this:
> 
> # $QEMU ..
> -machine memory-encryption=sev0 \
> -object sev-guest,id=sev0,dh-cert-file=<file>....
> 
> 5. Libvirt generates lifecycle VIR_DOMAIN_EVENT_SUSPENDED_PAUSED event
> 
> 6. mgmt tool gets the VIR_DOMAIN_EVENT_SUSPENDED_PAUSED and calls \
> virDomainGetLaunchSecretInfo() to retrieve the measurement of encrypted memory.
> 
> 7. (optional) mgmt tool can provide the measurement value to guest owner, which can
> validate the measurement and gives GO/NO-GO answer. If mgmt tool gets GO then
> it resumes the guest otherwise it calls destroy() to kill the guest.
> 
> 8. mgmt tool resumes the guest
> 
> TODO:
> * SEV guest require to use DMA apis for the virtio devices. In order to use the DMA
> apis the virtio devices must have this tag
> 
> <driver iommu=on ats=on>
> 
> It is a bit unclear to me where these changes need to go. Do we need to
> modify the libvirt to automatically add these when SEV is enabled or
> we ask mgmt tool to make sure that it creates XML with right tag to enable
> the DMA APIs for virtio devices. I am looking for some suggestions.
> 
> Using these patches we have succesfully booted and tested a guest both with and
> without SEV enabled.
> 
> SEV Firmware API spec is available at:
> https://support.amd.com/TechDocs/55766_SEV-KM%20API_Specification.pdf
> 
> Changes sicne v8:
> * rename qemuGetSEVInfo -> qemuGetSEVInfoToParams
> * use virQEMUCapsCacheLookupByArch to get qemuCaps
> 
> Change since v7:
> * rename virNodeSEVCapability() -> virNodeSEVInfo()
> * rebase the series
> 
> Changes since v6:
> * add API to get SEV PDH and Certificate chain data
> * drop virsh command changes. We can revisit this later when we have
>    more visibility on setter.
> 
> Change since v5:
> * drop the seperate test patch and merge the code with other patches.
> * rename the xml from sev -> launch-security-sev
> * make policy field mandatory
> * address multiple feedback from previous reviews.
> 
> Changes since v4:
> * add /dev/sev in shared device list
> 
> Changes since v3:
> * rename QEMU_CAPS_SEV -> QEMU_CAPS_SEV_GUEST
> * update caps_2.12.0.x86_64.replies to include query-sev-capabilities data
> 
> Changes since v2:
> * make cbitpos, policy and reduced-phys-bits as unsigned int
> * update virDomainGetLaunchSecurityInfo to accept virTypedParameterPtr *params
> instead of virTypedParameterPtr params.
> 
> Changes since v1:
> * rename <sev> -> <launch-security> for domain
> * add more information about policy and other fields in domaincaps.html
> * split the domain_conf support in two patches
> * add virDomainGetLaunchInfo() to retrieve the SEV measurement
> * extend virsh command to show the domain's launch security information
> * add test cases to validate newly added <launch-security> element
> * fix issues reported with 'make check' and 'make syntax-check'
> 
> The complete git tree is available at:
> https://github.com/codomania/libvirt/tree/v9
> 
> Brijesh Singh (11):
>    qemu: provide support to query the SEV capability
>    conf: expose SEV feature in domain capabilities
>    libvirt: Introduce virNodeGetSEVInfo public API
>    remote: implement the remote protocol for virNodeGetSEVInfo()
>    qemu: Implement the driver backend for virNodeGetSEVInfo()
>    conf: introduce launch-security element in domain
>    qemu/cgroup: add /dev/sev in shared devices list
>    qemu: add support to launch SEV guest
>    libvirt: Introduce virDomainGetLaunchSecurityInfo public API
>    remote: implement the remote protocol for launch security
>    qemu: Implement the driver backend for virDomainGetLaunchSecurityInfo
> 
>   docs/drvqemu.html.in                               |   3 +-
>   docs/formatdomain.html.in                          | 115 ++++++++++++++++
>   docs/formatdomaincaps.html.in                      |  30 ++++
>   docs/schemas/domaincaps.rng                        |  14 ++
>   docs/schemas/domaincommon.rng                      |  37 +++++
>   include/libvirt/libvirt-domain.h                   |  17 +++
>   include/libvirt/libvirt-host.h                     |  42 ++++++
>   src/conf/domain_capabilities.c                     |  30 ++++
>   src/conf/domain_capabilities.h                     |  13 ++
>   src/conf/domain_conf.c                             | 133 ++++++++++++++++++
>   src/conf/domain_conf.h                             |  27 ++++
>   src/driver-hypervisor.h                            |  14 ++
>   src/libvirt-domain.c                               |  48 +++++++
>   src/libvirt-host.c                                 |  49 +++++++
>   src/libvirt_private.syms                           |   1 +
>   src/libvirt_public.syms                            |   2 +
>   src/qemu/qemu.conf                                 |   2 +-
>   src/qemu/qemu_capabilities.c                       |  90 +++++++++++-
>   src/qemu/qemu_capabilities.h                       |   6 +
>   src/qemu/qemu_capspriv.h                           |   4 +
>   src/qemu/qemu_cgroup.c                             |   2 +-
>   src/qemu/qemu_command.c                            |  41 ++++++
>   src/qemu/qemu_driver.c                             | 151 +++++++++++++++++++++
>   src/qemu/qemu_monitor.c                            |  18 +++
>   src/qemu/qemu_monitor.h                            |   6 +
>   src/qemu/qemu_monitor_json.c                       | 121 +++++++++++++++++
>   src/qemu/qemu_monitor_json.h                       |   5 +
>   src/qemu/qemu_process.c                            |  62 +++++++++
>   src/qemu/test_libvirtd_qemu.aug.in                 |   1 +
>   src/remote/remote_daemon_dispatch.c                |  91 +++++++++++++
>   src/remote/remote_driver.c                         |  80 +++++++++++
>   src/remote/remote_protocol.x                       |  39 +++++-
>   src/remote_protocol-structs                        |  23 ++++
>   tests/genericxml2xmlindata/launch-security-sev.xml |  24 ++++
>   tests/genericxml2xmltest.c                         |   2 +
>   .../caps_2.12.0.x86_64.replies                     |  10 ++
>   tests/qemucapabilitiesdata/caps_2.12.0.x86_64.xml  |   3 +-
>   tests/qemuxml2argvdata/launch-security-sev.args    |  29 ++++
>   tests/qemuxml2argvdata/launch-security-sev.xml     |  37 +++++
>   tests/qemuxml2argvtest.c                           |   4 +
>   40 files changed, 1420 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
>   create mode 100644 tests/genericxml2xmlindata/launch-security-sev.xml
>   create mode 100644 tests/qemuxml2argvdata/launch-security-sev.args
>   create mode 100644 tests/qemuxml2argvdata/launch-security-sev.xml
> 

--
libvir-list mailing list
libvir-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/libvir-list

Re: [libvirt] [PATCH v9 00/11] x86: Secure Encrypted Virtualization (AMD)

Posted by Erik Skultety 22 weeks ago
On Fri, Jun 08, 2018 at 10:14:35AM -0500, Brijesh Singh wrote:
>
> Re: Jano's below comment
>
> (Also, some of the patches have double "<< >>" around your e-mail,
> how did that happen?)
>
> I am not sure what I am doing that is causing the double "<< >>" around my
> email address in some patches. I tried fixing it after I saw Jano note but
> it somehow happens again...I have no explanation on what is going on.
> Whoever commits the series, can you please remove one of the quote from the
> my email address, Or I can try fixing it and resend the series. Please let
> me know. thanks

For the whole series (I'll make the tiny change in patch 5):
Reviewed-by: Erik Skultety <eskultet@redhat.com>

I'll also tweak the double angle brackets, at first I thought you were adding
the SoB manually and this was a typo, but it clearly isn't the case, it would
be pointless to bikeshed about that, so as I said, I'll take care of that
before merging.

Also, now that this is done, would take also take care of extending the other
language bindings for the new APIs, or shall I do that?

Thanks,
Erik

--
libvir-list mailing list
libvir-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/libvir-list

Re: [libvirt] [PATCH v9 00/11] x86: Secure Encrypted Virtualization (AMD)

Posted by Brijesh Singh 22 weeks ago
Hi Erik,


On 06/11/2018 09:10 AM, Erik Skultety wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2018 at 10:14:35AM -0500, Brijesh Singh wrote:
>>
>> Re: Jano's below comment
>>
>> (Also, some of the patches have double "<< >>" around your e-mail,
>> how did that happen?)
>>
>> I am not sure what I am doing that is causing the double "<< >>" around my
>> email address in some patches. I tried fixing it after I saw Jano note but
>> it somehow happens again...I have no explanation on what is going on.
>> Whoever commits the series, can you please remove one of the quote from the
>> my email address, Or I can try fixing it and resend the series. Please let
>> me know. thanks
> 
> For the whole series (I'll make the tiny change in patch 5):
> Reviewed-by: Erik Skultety <eskultet@redhat.com>
> 
> I'll also tweak the double angle brackets, at first I thought you were adding
> the SoB manually and this was a typo, but it clearly isn't the case, it would
> be pointless to bikeshed about that, so as I said, I'll take care of that
> before merging.
> 
> Also, now that this is done, would take also take care of extending the other
> language bindings for the new APIs, or shall I do that?
> 


Thanks for all your help in reviews. Any help on language bindings for 
the new APIs are appreciated. I think I may able to do python but will 
certainly need help with others (I am not very familiar with other 
languages).

-Brijesh

--
libvir-list mailing list
libvir-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/libvir-list

Re: [libvirt] [PATCH v9 00/11] x86: Secure Encrypted Virtualization (AMD)

Posted by Daniel P. Berrangé 22 weeks ago
On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 11:17:02AM -0500, Brijesh Singh wrote:
> Hi Erik,
> 
> 
> On 06/11/2018 09:10 AM, Erik Skultety wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 08, 2018 at 10:14:35AM -0500, Brijesh Singh wrote:
> > > 
> > > Re: Jano's below comment
> > > 
> > > (Also, some of the patches have double "<< >>" around your e-mail,
> > > how did that happen?)
> > > 
> > > I am not sure what I am doing that is causing the double "<< >>" around my
> > > email address in some patches. I tried fixing it after I saw Jano note but
> > > it somehow happens again...I have no explanation on what is going on.
> > > Whoever commits the series, can you please remove one of the quote from the
> > > my email address, Or I can try fixing it and resend the series. Please let
> > > me know. thanks
> > 
> > For the whole series (I'll make the tiny change in patch 5):
> > Reviewed-by: Erik Skultety <eskultet@redhat.com>
> > 
> > I'll also tweak the double angle brackets, at first I thought you were adding
> > the SoB manually and this was a typo, but it clearly isn't the case, it would
> > be pointless to bikeshed about that, so as I said, I'll take care of that
> > before merging.
> > 
> > Also, now that this is done, would take also take care of extending the other
> > language bindings for the new APIs, or shall I do that?
> 
> 
> Thanks for all your help in reviews. Any help on language bindings for the
> new APIs are appreciated. I think I may able to do python but will certainly
> need help with others (I am not very familiar with other languages).

Thanks for all your hard work in developing this feature for libvirt and
patience with the many rounds of the review process.

I will take care of the Go & Perl bindings if no one beats me to it.


Regards,
Daniel
-- 
|: https://berrange.com      -o-    https://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange :|
|: https://libvirt.org         -o-            https://fstop138.berrange.com :|
|: https://entangle-photo.org    -o-    https://www.instagram.com/dberrange :|

--
libvir-list mailing list
libvir-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/libvir-list

Re: [libvirt] [PATCH v9 00/11] x86: Secure Encrypted Virtualization (AMD)

Posted by Erik Skultety 22 weeks ago
On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 11:07:51AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 11:17:02AM -0500, Brijesh Singh wrote:
> > Hi Erik,
> >
> >
> > On 06/11/2018 09:10 AM, Erik Skultety wrote:
> > > On Fri, Jun 08, 2018 at 10:14:35AM -0500, Brijesh Singh wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Re: Jano's below comment
> > > >
> > > > (Also, some of the patches have double "<< >>" around your e-mail,
> > > > how did that happen?)
> > > >
> > > > I am not sure what I am doing that is causing the double "<< >>" around my
> > > > email address in some patches. I tried fixing it after I saw Jano note but
> > > > it somehow happens again...I have no explanation on what is going on.
> > > > Whoever commits the series, can you please remove one of the quote from the
> > > > my email address, Or I can try fixing it and resend the series. Please let
> > > > me know. thanks
> > >
> > > For the whole series (I'll make the tiny change in patch 5):
> > > Reviewed-by: Erik Skultety <eskultet@redhat.com>
> > >
> > > I'll also tweak the double angle brackets, at first I thought you were adding
> > > the SoB manually and this was a typo, but it clearly isn't the case, it would
> > > be pointless to bikeshed about that, so as I said, I'll take care of that
> > > before merging.
> > >
> > > Also, now that this is done, would take also take care of extending the other
> > > language bindings for the new APIs, or shall I do that?
> >
> >
> > Thanks for all your help in reviews. Any help on language bindings for the
> > new APIs are appreciated. I think I may able to do python but will certainly
> > need help with others (I am not very familiar with other languages).
>
> Thanks for all your hard work in developing this feature for libvirt and
> patience with the many rounds of the review process.
>
> I will take care of the Go & Perl bindings if no one beats me to it.

I'm working on the python ones at the moment, thanks Daniel for taking care of
Go & Perl.

Erik

--
libvir-list mailing list
libvir-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/libvir-list